AndyLL

***SPOILERS*** The Force Awakens Spoiler Thread ***SPOILERS ALLOWED*** You have been warned! DO NOT ENTER if you don't want to be spoiled

3 minutes ago, Merkel said:

Actually I think R2 (and Luke, through him), were waiting for someone in specific, but rather someone who would've been "awakend by the force". Kinda how Jesus only began preaching when he was 30

I don't think so. These SAGA films are basically SKYWALKER films. You always have to remember that when watching the actual trilogies. Yes I know Ben Solo/Kylo Ren is part of their lineage, but he's still not a SKYWALKER. That name is HUGE for these films... there's no way this trilogy is ending with no Skywalkers alive... because we all know Luke isn't making it out of this...

2 minutes ago, Cookson said:

I don't think so. These SAGA films are basically SKYWALKER films. You always have to remember that when watching the actual trilogies. Yes I know Ben Solo/Kylo Ren is part of their lineage, but he's still not a SKYWALKER. That name is HUGE for these films... there's no way this trilogy is ending with no Skywalkers alive... because we all know Luke isn't making it out of this...

Also I wonder if they thought about this when coming up with backstory, but if Rey ends up with Finn, he has no last name so any kids they'd have would have her last name.. 

2 minutes ago, moviesRus said:

Also I wonder if they thought about this when coming up with backstory, but if Rey ends up with Finn, he has no last name so any kids they'd have would have her last name.. 

That's why they'll automatically go to her last name...lol.. Skywalker!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Merkel said:

I still can't think of a reason of why Luke would abandon her in a wasteland, all by herself. And she would be old enough to remember who her parents are. I think there's something else about Rey

Luke could have wiped her memory.... He left her there but also with someone keeping an eye out on her. That old man(forgot his name) had part of Lukes map that he gave him when he left Rey there, and the other half with R2-D2. Nobody would have thought to look for her there. It worked for Luke on Tatooine... and it worked here as well.

You really think Luke is the last Skywalker... no man

I'd kind of like the trilogies to not have to be about the Skywalkers, but it makes sense. I kind of think Rey is Kylo's twin, but then again just because I don't think there should always be a Skywalker doesn't mean Abrams doesnt. 

Also, I'm pretty certain Finn has the Force. It'd make sense why he's so peculiar and managed the lightsaber decently.

You do have to wonder if Rey was actually left with someone who died soon after and she was left to scavenge for herself.  She also may have had some training but just has vague memories and didn't think of it as being the Force. 

This is is a fairly mundane way of thinking about it. Imagine if you were an only child and you had karate lessons from when you were 3 or 4. Then when you're 5 both you're parents are killed in a car crash. You're sent off to live with a family on a farm somewhere and you never have lessons again nor any interaction with the idea of karate. 

This is would all be a huge shock to the system and it wouldn't take much for a lot of your previous life to slip from memory as you got older. 

• Like 2

Makes sense.

Anyhow, although I still don't think Rey is Luke's daughter, I hope that if that turns out to be the case, that they reveal it without making a big deal out of it (like they did with Kylo Ren).

8 minutes ago, Merkel said:

Makes sense.

Anyhow, although I still don't think Rey is Luke's daughter, I hope that if that turns out to be the case, that they reveal it without making a big deal out of it (like they did with Kylo Ren).

Oh I'm sure if it the case, Episode 8 will just open with them having that in the open but emotionally estranged still. 

4 hours ago, Obi-Wan Telemachos said:

But you don't understand. Kylo Ren's Force level is at least an 8.4, and Rey couldn't be 4 or 5, max. It just doesn't make any logical sense.

Hidden Content

By that logic, how did Darth Vader beat...

200_s.gif

:ph34r:

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Obi-Wan Telemachos said:

Random Mrs Tele prediction of a ret-con: Snoke actually pre-dates the prequels and was Sideous' master.

I had that thought when watching the movie actually.  But then, JJ might also just go with the typical and it be Darth Sidious even more scarred.

• Like 1