AndyLL

***SPOILERS*** The Force Awakens Spoiler Thread ***SPOILERS ALLOWED*** You have been warned! DO NOT ENTER if you don't want to be spoiled

22 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

You might wanna tell that to Disney and their worldwide open casting hunt for a young Han. :ph34r:

The same could be said for Indiana Jones, but he has been played by two other actors and successfully so. They'll find someone who can nail a young Han, I'm sure of it. 

41 minutes ago, The Panda Menace said:

I had that thought when watching the movie actually.  But then, JJ might also just go with the typical and it be Darth Sidious even more scarred.

I had that thought as well. The shots we see of Snoke he looks pretty chewed up. Could very well be what happened to the Emperor when he fell down the shaft. A sith lord should be able to levitate or at least survive that fall. 

Edited by fryoj
spellcheck

1. Kylo wasn't a full on Sith yet. Snoke says as much when he talks about finishing Kylo's training. He's also possibly not as strong as he might believe he is. 

2. He got shot by Chewie. I'm pretty sure that slowed him down a bit and made it difficult for him to go all out. 

I have absolutely zero problem with how the lightsaber fight played out. 

HAN IS FUCKING DEAD!! 

The sooner people get over this the better off they'll be.  :P

• Like 2

Just now, junkshop36 said:

1. Kylo wasn't a full on Sith yet. Snoke says as much when he talks about finishing Kylo's training. He's also possibly not as strong as he might believe he is. 

2. He got shot by Chewie. I'm pretty sure that slowed him down a bit and made it difficult for him to go all out. 

I have absolutely zero problem with how the lightsaber fight played out. 

HAN IS FUCKING DEAD!! 

The sooner people get over this the better off they'll be.  :P

Nope I refuse.  The more people protest the higher the chance Han Solo will be brought back alive. 

Han's dead.  Sorry.  Resurrecting a supposed dead character is one thing, but there is no way you could make his resurrection believable.  Especially since he isn't a Jedi.

Also, I kind of think Maz is the same race as Yoda.  They have a lot of similarities. 

Just now, The Panda Menace said:

Han's dead.  Sorry.  Resurrecting a supposed dead character is one thing, but there is no way you could make his resurrection believable.  Especially since he isn't a Jedi.

Also, I kind of think Maz is the same race as Yoda.  They have a lot of similarities. 

He will be resurrected like this.  Woken up as an evil Solo!  Not remembering anything.  And in many movies, the villain's boss or master always asked, "did you see the body?"

a8c05dd0-88a7-0133-9fec-0e7c926a42af.gif

Edited by Klingo

1 minute ago, Klingo said:

He will be resurrected like this.  Woken up as an evil Solo!  Not remembering anything.  And in many movies, the villain's boss or master always asked, "did you see the body?"

a8c05dd0-88a7-0133-9fec-0e7c926a42af.gif

As much as I love Han, I don't want them the resurrect him.  That'd be poor writing. 

I saw it in a  shitty crowd that had like no reaction ever but goddamnit I cheered alone at Rey using the Force on the lightsaber

The biggest hype moment I've ever had at a movie since Hulk smashing Loki, and the rest of the movie gives me a huge smile on my face all the way through

• Like 2

Just now, The Panda Menace said:

As much as I love Han, I don't want them the resurrect him.  That'd be poor writing. 

Nobody question about Gandalf falling and fighting a Balrog thousands of feet into the earth.  Or fighting for many months from underground to the top of the tallest mountain for many months!  As well as dying and sent back to fulfill his destiny!

I finally saw the movie.

It was very good (not Mad Max Fury Road good) and folks were really into it. Heck, they clapped at the end (which is pretty rare here in South Africa).

I have some criticisms of the movie (particularly Rey and Finn) but I'll save those for 18 months later and after we've seen Episode VIII. Adam Driver was very,very good in it though. He succesfully portrayed what Hayden Christensen was trying to do with Anakin Skywalker in the prequel trilogy.

The low points of the movie was the alien thing that attacked Han Solo and the gangs. The part of the movie seemed out of place.  Overall, I would give it 7.5/10.

Edited by Deathlife

1 minute ago, MovieMan89 said:

Indy 5 needs to be taken away from Spielberg/Lucas much like TFA was from Lucas or we will just get the same Indy 4 stuff. 

I'm assuming Lucas would be as out of the picture there as he was with TFA, maybe even moreso. They need to politely ignore Crystal Skull the way TFA ignored the prequels. Mutt's just a big screen cousin Oliver, no need to ever mention him again. Recast Indy and go.

After seeing it again, a number of things do bother me, like Captain Phasma did nothing in the film and endangers all her fellow soldiers by turning off that. You'd think she would rather die then do that. Though she probably escaped for a sequel with Hux and Ren. The pacing feels even faster and felt like the film could have been longer. Or could have left out the scene with the mercs. 

Oscar Isaac definitely needed more scenes. 

Edited by BoxOfficeZ
  • Like 1

Just now, BoxOfficeZ said:

After seeing it again, a number of things do bother me, like Captain Phasma did nothing in the film and endangers all her fellow soldiers by turning off that. You'd think she would rather die then do that. Though she probably escaped for a sequel with Hux and Ren. The pacing feels even faster and felt like the film could have been longer. Or could have left out the scene with the mercs. 

Oscar Isaac definitely needed more scenes. 

She was smart.  She lives longer enough to get her revenge for forcing her to kill her men.