AndyLL

***SPOILERS*** The Force Awakens Spoiler Thread ***SPOILERS ALLOWED*** You have been warned! DO NOT ENTER if you don't want to be spoiled

52 minutes ago, moviesRus said:

Yoda's in there too, so try figuring that one out. 

I eliminated anyone who could not be related to her obviously. ;)

13 minutes ago, Sagemode87 said:

Found Kylo Ren very weak as a villain. Rey beat him with like no training.  The only good points of the movie were Finn, Han Solo and Chewy. Very overrated movie. 

I'll still disagree with "no training".   I submit she may have had more fight training than he did.   She was taking out multiple opponents at the beginning of the movie and easily defeated a Stormtrooper who had been trained since birth.   I think many are comparing her to what Luke was as a farmboy or something.   She's way more skilled than he was.

That's not even getting into the fact that he was injured, had just fought with a trained Stormtrooper, and was not a fully trained Sith Lord as some are claiming.   I also can't help factoring in his recent emotional trauma when he "killed" his father.

2 minutes ago, Sagemode87 said:

They should've waited until the last movie before revealing his face. Couldn't take him seriously after he took the mask off. 

I even heard people giggling in the audience at the face of the intimidating voice behind the mask. It did take away the mystique of the character that was set up until that point in the movie.

Edited by DMan7

I love the idea o Kylo Ren as the anti Luke. At the end of TFA, he is essentially in the same place as Luke in the end of ESB. Defeated, humilated, scarred and emotinally distraught. And I also love how Kylo killed his father in order to go further to the Dark Side, whereas Luke spared his in order to go to the Light Side

• Like 6

10 minutes ago, Jayhawk the Hutt said:

Kylo was one of the best parts of the movie. Extremely well written villian, better than 95% of blockbuster bad guys. The whole point is that he isn't fully formed.

Yeah, I don't understand complaints about him at all.  He was a very fleshed out character and Adam Driver did a great job.  I rarely see villains as well-crafted as he was.  Even if you compare him to Vader, Vader in a New Hope isn't nearly as fleshed out as Kylo.  It took 3 movies (or 6 even) and so much expanded universe stuff to make him as complex as he is today.  

The Force Awakens did a better job with Kylo (for a single movie basis), then A New Hope did with Vader.  However to be fair, ESB is what really made Vader great.  I'm eager to see how he grows.

• Like 3

They knew they couldn't make a villian more indimidating than Vader. So they did the next best thing, have a villian obsessed with Vader, who tries to emulate him, but ultimately fails because of his confusion and anger. He feels weak without his mask, as it hides his insecurities. He fully makes his turn to the dark side by killing his father without his mask on. He's far more interesting, if less of a presence, than Vader in ANH because of all of his baggage.

• Like 6

11 minutes ago, The Panda Menace said:

Yeah, I don't understand complaints about him at all.  He was a very fleshed out character and Adam Driver did a great job.  I rarely see villains as well-crafted as he was.  Even if you compare him to Vader, Vader in a New Hope isn't nearly as fleshed out as Kylo.  It took 3 movies (or 6 even) and so much expanded universe stuff to make him as complex as he is today.  

The Force Awakens did a better job with Kylo (for a single movie basis), then A New Hope did with Vader.  However to be fair, ESB is what really made Vader great.  I'm eager to see how he grows.

For me, I have no more interest in him. Seeing his face so soon ruined his aura. Hard to take him seriously now. There's no mystery to him now and he seemed like such an underling.  I mean he got his ass kicked by someone who just picked up a lightsaber. You diehard fans will come to your senses after the hype dies down. 

Just now, Orestes said:

Ren seemed like an underling because he was. Snoke seems to be the top dog, at least for now. I'm as interested in seeing Ren's journey just as much as I am seeing Rey's and Finn's.

I doubt he will do much just like the Emperor does.  Just looking tough while sitting.

3 minutes ago, Chewy said:

I wonder if that has anything to do with him literally being an underling in the movie

He shouldn't of been such an underling that he lost to someone that just picked up a lightsaber. He seems like a joke now. Will lose faith in humanity if this beats Avatar. I enjoyed JW more as well. I enjoyed this movie, but it doesn't deserve 95 on RT and the huge OW it recieved imo. 

Edited by Sagemode87