AndyLL

***SPOILERS*** The Force Awakens Spoiler Thread ***SPOILERS ALLOWED*** You have been warned! DO NOT ENTER if you don't want to be spoiled

Well, here is an interesting, very interesting article with an alternative viewpoint.

I think she's Luke's daughter but by no means am I positive.....

http://www.hitfix.com/harpy/star-wars-the-force-awakens-is-trying-a-too-hard-to-make-us-think-reys-dad-is-redacted

I think there's something to Finn's past.  I possibly think he was memory wiped and turned into a storm trooper, but because he was turned so late, he was defective.  Kylo seems to recognize things about him, beyond just being defective, as if he knows something about him.  Plus, even though he wielded the lightsaber poorly, he still wielded it.  

Maz said she was looking into the eyes of a man who likes to run.  Possibly, he had something to do with the new Jedi or the Knights of Ren but he ran from it, and instead of killing him, they memory wiped him and turned him into a stormtrooper?

I think Lando being his father would be too cliche, but maybe?

Also, the more I see Snoke, the more certain I am that he's Plagious.  It's also just like Abrams for him to be Plagious.

2 minutes ago, Baumer Fett said:

I've never heard of Plagious.

Revenge of the Sith, when Palpatine tells Anakin the story of the Sith Lord, that's Plagious (his old master, and it's confirmed).

If Snoke is Plagious, then he actually was able to use the force to manipulate life and save himself.  In this theory, Anakin would have been created by Plagious, and he would have taken the back seat to let Palpatine do a lot of the dirty work setting up the Empirical structure so he could come in  afterwards and take over with a new Sith Order (the First Order).

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, 4815162342 said:

Palpatine's master. The story from the opera scene in RotS.

Awesome!  That would be really cool.  I mean, Palpatine and Yoda had to be trained by someone...so that would be pretty cool.  Thanks for explaining it.

1 minute ago, K1Rey said:

See I just can't see at all how she could be Leia's and han's kid. Not at all. I'd be easier if she were not related to any of them.

I agree.  Even if Leia sends her away to be safe from her brother, it makes them bad parents imo.  Abandoning both kids in a way lol.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, The Panda Menace said:

Revenge of the Sith, when Palpatine tells Anakin the story of the Sith Lord, that's Plagious (his old master, and it's confirmed).

If Snoke is Plagious, then he actually was able to use the force to manipulate life and save himself.  In this theory, Anakin would have been created by Plagious, and he would have taken the back seat to let Palpatine do a lot of the dirty work setting up the Empirical structure so he could come in  afterwards and take over with a new Sith Order (the First Order).

Yes I remember that! Not the whole story but now I do, that would be a nice ironic twist for sure.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, GiantCALBears said:

Starting to feel like TFA won't hold up well as time goes on, this article sums up a lot of my issues with the film. 

http://www.latimes.com/business/hiltzik/la-fi-mh-star-wars-the-force-awakens-stinks-20151226-column.html

The article was 95% bitching about the business of Hollywood.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, K1Rey said:

Yes I remember that! Not the whole story but now I do, that would be a nice ironic twist for sure.

Another thing, is the only way I see the deep scar on his forehead being possible to survive, was if he knew how to manipulate the force to give life.  And the only known force user to be able to do that is Plagious (he also looks like Plagious form the novels just with a scar on his forehead, which would be where Sidious tried to kill him)

16 minutes ago, GiantCALBears said:

Starting to feel like TFA won't hold up well as time goes on, this article sums up a lot of my issues with the film. 

http://www.latimes.com/business/hiltzik/la-fi-mh-star-wars-the-force-awakens-stinks-20151226-column.html

I see it holding up much better than most of the big budget fluff Hollywood has been pumping out for years now.

Edited by Ozymandias

3 minutes ago, Darth AndyLL said:

The article was 95% bitching about the business of Hollywood.

The movie was absurdly safe & very similar to ANH. Doesn't mean it's a bad film but it didn't exactly surprise me, the choices were made to appease the most people. The writer makes that point well.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, GiantCALBears said:

The movie was absurdly safe & very similar to ANH. Doesn't mean it's a bad film but it didn't exactly surprise me, the choices were made to appease the most people. The writer makes that point well.

Nope, the movie was bold as fuck.

Sorry.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, GiantCALBears said:

That was my main problem with the movie, though I can't entirely blame them for being safe after the prequel fiascoes.   Its still more memorable than all the Marvel shit that is exactly the same over and over again.  Episode 8 won't be similar to Empire with Rian Johnson I bet.

Edited by Ozymandias
  • Like 2

25 minutes ago, GiantCALBears said:

Starting to feel that TFA is going to be considered the best Star Wars of all.

• Like 4