AndyLL

***SPOILERS*** The Force Awakens Spoiler Thread ***SPOILERS ALLOWED*** You have been warned! DO NOT ENTER if you don't want to be spoiled

HAHAHAHA  it is kind of funny when I think about it. In a matter of about 1 months I saw one of the worst movies I have ever seen and gave it a 0 and then saw one of the best films I've ever seen and I am on the cusp of giving it a 10.5. Which I only give the perfect films. I've only given five films that rating.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, misafeco said:

It won't be even one of the best 10 Star Wars films few years from now.

Well, you are entitled to your opinion but it seems at least that this has done a good job for most of us.  You can't please everyone but almost everyone I talk to (including Shawnmr, who I spoke to by text a few nights ago) seem to love it.

11 minutes ago, Baumer Fett said:

Well, you are entitled to your opinion but it seems at least that this has done a good job for most of us.  You can't please everyone but almost everyone I talk to (including Shawnmr, who I spoke to by text a few nights ago) seem to love it.

I think this movie is more divisive than the original 3. At least where i came from. Here are the user scores from a Hungarian film site (filmkatalogus.hu):

Ep. 1: 4.22

Ep. 2: 4.20

Ep. 3: 4.44

Ep. 4: 4.55

Ep.  5: 4.55

Ep. 6: 4.56

Ep. 7: 4.11

I don't think my opinion (worst movie of the 7) is more unpopular than yours (best movie of the 7).

Well, I guess by region it might be different.  But in my circle of friends, which is here in Canada and the US, it seems to have done a good job of entertaining us.

2 minutes ago, Baumer Fett said:

Well, I guess by region it might be different.  But in my circle of friends, which is here in Canada and the US, it seems to have done a good job of entertaining us.

It was entertaining, i don't hate it. I was disappointed because i loved all of the former 6 movies and not this.

• Like 1

Obviously, it's very, very well liked by the GA. No real debate there. But, if we're being anecdotal, my parents both gave it a C, my brother a C+ and four of the five friends I saw it with C+ or less. One of 'em gave it a solid A. My sis loved it. Her fave behind only ESB too. Her taste almost always mirrors that of K1Rey though. It's kind of funny... Well, to me it is.

Good write up: http://www.aintitcool.com/node/74063 (utilizes other sources)

http://www.ew.com/article/2015/12/2...-question-about-r2-d2-star-wars-force-awakens

“Early on I tried to write versions of the story where [Rey] is at home, her home is destroyed, and then she goes on the road and meets Luke. And then she goes and kicks the bad guy’s $!@,” Arndt said. “It just never worked and I struggled with this. This was back in 2012.”

The trouble was a simple case of upstaging. “It just felt like every time Luke came in and entered the movie, he just took it over,” Arndt said. “Suddenly you didn’t care about your main character anymore because, ‘Oh !@%$, Luke Skywalker’s here. I want to see what he’s going to do.’” 

• Like 1

• Community Manager
4 hours ago, misafeco said:

It won't be even one of the best 10 Star Wars films few years from now.

I hope so! I loved TFA but if it's not in the top 10 of Star Wars films a few years from now, that means I'm about to get a lot of really amazing Star Wars movie!

• Like 2

Went and saw it a second time today. Took Mom to an IMAX 3D 12:30 showing. About 80% full. Didn't think the 3d really added anything to it, but loved watching on an IMAX screen. Mom is 60 and has seen all the Star Wars, most in theaters. Her first reaction at credits: Well that Sucked! :o

She didn't like Han dying and was mad that Luke was barely in it and didn't say anything. We talked about the movie the whole way home and who was Rey's parents and alot of the stuff that everyone is debating on here. By the time we got home she was asking when we could go see it again. lol

• Like 6

Wonder if THIS ^^ would turn out being an ugly spoiler in VIII - that's why I posted it here, juts to be on the safe side and not get banned in retrospect.

Would explain many things about Finn, including his apparent force-sensitiveness.

Edited by shayhiri