CJohn

STAR WARS TFA MONDAY ACTUAL - 40.1M, THE FORCE IS STRONGER THAN AVATAR! (pg48)

I'm just as excited as the rest of you but this is going to have slow down eventually, right?  I mean it can't behave like Avatar in terms of drops forever can it? 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, KP1025 said:

It might have been close had exchange rates stayed the same as 2009/2010. That said, Titanic's #2 WW position should be toast. 

With today exchange rates, Avatar would had done about 2.3 billion, not 2.7 billion. And that could have been reachable.

Edited by peludo
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Baumer Fett said:

I'm just as excited as the rest of you but this is going to have slow down eventually, right?  I mean it can't behave like Avatar in terms of drops forever can it? 

Yes its going to make 2.5 billion domstic Baumer :D, you're letting your excitement get the better of you!.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Baumer Fett said:

I don't think anybody is saying it's going to make $1.8B domestic, so obviously it won't behave like Avatar for long. Avatar was a must-see event that people found out about after the fact, so it developed great legs. But everybody knew about Star Wars going in, so this isn't sneaking up on anybody. That said, with all the sellouts causing spillover, and already tons of presales for Christmas, demand for Star Wars obviously won't slow down in the next week or two.

To answer your original question, I think it will finally start to slow down, and start seeing bigger drops, after the first week of January.

5 hours ago, Blan Solo said:

The thing that's spreading fast and is a big help to this is "You don't need to see the other ones to understand Episode VII." I know about ten people who told me last month they wouldn't see it before finishing the other movies which they weren't planning on doing, but most now have plans to see it by the end of the week even without watching the other ones.

I like and agree with this post a lot. The movie is very accessible, and that's going to help it's numbers stay strong for a while.

• Like 2