baumer

Star Wars Tuesday - 37.3M (Tele/baumer bet for Wednesday drop is on page 24...much to learn one of them still has)

EW thinks this:

1. Star Wars: The Force Awakens — $150 million

Predictions vary on just how big The Force Awakens’ second weekend is going to be, but most expectations peg it somewhere around $150 million (or higher). That’s well above the current record holder for the all-time best second weekend (Jurassic World, with $106.6 million), which means The Force Awakens is most likely headed for another record-breaking weekend. The Force Awakens has made an estimated $325.4 million as of Tuesday, for a global total of $689.4 million.

http://www.ew.com/article/2015/12/23/box-office-preview-star-wars-force-awakens-daddys-home-point-break-joy

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Baumer Fett said:

Me and Tele just made a bet.  I say it drops 5% or less....he has it at 17%, the middle number here is 11%.  Whoever is closer is declared the winner and the loser will donate $25.00 to the site towards the 2016 goal.

Much to learn you still have, Tele.

#TeamBaumer

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

I mean at this point I'm not even 100% sure I'm gonna be able to make it out to see it before the end of the year

You can probably wait til February to see it. It should still be playing in ALOT of theaters by then.

BO.com also has this included in their newest prediction article

Top 10 Forecast

Thanks in large part to Star Wars: The Force Awakens, BoxOffice projects this weekend's top ten films will total $275.5 million. That would represent the second largest unadjusted top ten total of all-time, behind only the $302.7 million top ten total of last weekend. The projected top ten total for this weekend would also represent the largest unadjusted top ten Christmas weekend total ever. The current top ten Christmas weekend record is the $255.2 million top ten total of December 25 - 27, 2009, which was led by the $75.6 million second weekend take of Fox's Avatar.

This weekend's projected top ten performance would represent a 54 percent jump over the $178.5 million top ten total of the same weekend last year, which was led by the $40.9 million second weekend take of Warner's The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies and also saw the $31.1 million debut of Disney's Into the Woods and the $30.6 million start of Universal's Unbroken.

8 hours ago, Baumer Fett said:

I just can't get this movie out of my head. And lucky for me so many of my friends want to see it at different times....so I can go 7-8 maybe 10 times.

The only thing that gets this movie out of my head are other movies. And with the exception of my Creed rewatch, all of them made me wish I had spent my money on TFA instead. 

• Like 7