Dementeleus

Wednesday Star Wars TFA ACTUALS - 38,022,183

Just now, Baumer Fett said:

It's free for me.  I don't have a free North American text package, so ever time I text one of you fuckers in the US it costs me $0.25. :)

Well that makes sense.

2 minutes ago, Baumer Fett said:

Well, even if it falls just short of the 37, all I can say is WOW, but I did call this one.  I told Tele by whats app today that I wouldn't be surprised if it increased slightly but I'll go with a 5% decline.  But this run is just awesome.

Thanks for the update RTH....back to bed now.

Team Baumer is victorious once again, your victory gift from Tele is (lights fuse)...

https://jet.com/product/detail/a6169d98f49549cd961d6f2c5bc613c9?jcmp=pla:ggl:cwin_media_a3:dvds_videos_a3_other:na:na:na:na:na:2&code=PLA15&k_clickid=77782130-b1a5-46fc-8355-ac874da72f55&gclid=Cj0KEQiAqemzBRDh2vGKmMnqoegBEiQAqJPuyCH5fn6HcpdI9mIaiMjqhGflD0Nzn0C9J6Eu-BuZKHoaAoIk8P8HAQ

:ninja 

• Like 2

Just now, LonePirate said:

Women are loving this movie because of the exceptional depiction of its strong female lead character, Rey. I'm sure Leia has plenty of fans as well. It's no surprise to me that women gave this film an A+ Cinemascore.

Don't tell this to Water...according to him the female interest in the film is sad and it shows how sexist Star Wars is.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, vc2002 said:

Finally a worthy showdown on mojo

King Size Domestic Grosses

A showdown between domestic kings... Avatar, Titanic, Jurassic World, The Avengers and Star Wars: The Force Awakens.

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/showdowns/chart/?id=liberge.htm

If it was you know who still running it we'd be looking at a TFA vs Clone Wars showdown.

• Like 2

I also thought there were supposed to be a lot of meltdowns for TFA? It hasn't happened yet. Closest they came was I think mid Saturday when estimates dropped to 220. Then it went right back up and this thing hasn't stopped since. I mean it fell a little yesterday but still set a new record.

This will be an insane run.

Edited by somebody85

1 minute ago, somebody85 said:

I also thought there were supposed to be a lot of meltdowns for TFA?

I'm hoping we still get a meltdown from Kal. We got the beginnings of one, but then I think he just straight up melted.

• Like 2

The reason it fell yesterday and has a chance to go up today is because usually films go up on discount Tuesday because there is room to go up.  But with TFA, every day is behaving like a Friday, people are seeing it every day so there is no uptick in attendance on Tuesday because it's already selling out every day like it was a Friday.  So when you offer cheaper tickets, even though you are selling the same amount as Monday, the gross comes in less because the tickets aren't as expensive.  Wednesday's numbers seems to support that theory somewhat.

Just a theory.

• Like 7

Just now, Orestes said:

I'm hoping we still get a meltdown from Kal. We got the beginnings of one, but then I think he just straight up melted.

Excel was disappointing as well, I peaked over at world of KJ, and he just over dramatically ate crow with a thread he made and then didn't post again.

• Like 1

And once again seeing these numbers, I really think Star Wars had to have an effect on other fall movies including the big blockbusters like Mockingjay Part 2 and Spectre. People very well could have been saving up for repeated showings and just knew by the trailers that it was going to be special.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Baumer Fett said:

The reason it fell yesterday and has a chance to go up today is because usually films go up on discount Tuesday because there is room to go up.  But with TFAS, every day is behaving like a Friday, people are seeing it every day so there is no uptick in attendance on Tuesday because it's already selling out every day like it was a Friday.  So when you offer cheaper tickets, even though you are selling the same amount as Monday, the gross comes in less because the tickets aren't as expensive.  Wednesday's numbers seems to support that theory somewhat.

Just a theory.

Probably on the money.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Spidey Freak said:

I think more people use it than Insta.

They do, in fact I think it's getting close to a billion members but they haven't done anything to monetize it (yet). Facebook's platform has a lot of the world's internet users using it one way or another.

Edited by GiantCALBears