Plain Old Tele

Wednesday Star Wars TFA ACTUALS - 38,022,183

Given the fact the actuals of SW7 have been consistently higher than early projections, a 40m Wed is very possible. :ohmygod::ohmyzod::sarah:

Come on we're running out of OMG emoticons!!! We need more of these...

Edited by vc2002

2 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

Most? Probably not. James Cameron? I would have to say oh yeah. You don't take out  a page in Variety congratulating yourself on beating your own all time record if you don't care. 

To be fair though, his records are crazy since the movies were not based on popular properties or are sequels etc. But at the end of the day, records are bound to be broken.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, The Panda Menace said:

Sniper was very impressive, but if you think it's more impressive than a movie making 1 billion domestic a possibility than you're crazy.

Also, fun fact: The Force Awakens will be the first franchise film to ever be #1 DOM

Everyone expected Star Wars to break the record. American Sniper more than tripled my expectations for OW

3 minutes ago, ChiSoxRox said:

Assuming this is above $31.13M, TFA has yet to record a day smaller than the old December daily record.

So, if it gets above 31.13m tomorrow and New Years Eve, every day it spent in December was above the record...

That might be too much of a stretch though

3 minutes ago, The Panda Menace said:

Sniper was very impressive, but if you think it's more impressive than a movie making 1 billion domestic a possibility than you're crazy.

Also, fun fact: The Force Awakens will be the first franchise film to ever be #1 DOM

Star Wars: Special Edition probably counts as its own sequel

Edited by cory

Just got back from an 8pm showing at an AMC Prime. It was totally packed! When I ordered my seats online (about 4pm today, reserved seating) there were only 11 seats left to choose from. 

Best part was when we were leaving, we were walking out behind a group of 3 older women (late 50's to early 60's I'd say) and one asked another, "Did you like it?" and she replied, "I thought it was great but I didn't understand what the hell was going on." :lol:

Just goes to show how diverse the group this movie is pulling in, is. 

• Like 7

Just now, Dr 3va2an said:

You can pinpoint the exact second that Emily Blunt's soul was broken in half.

I was looking for a Charlize grin and stumbled on the Blunt face by accident! It adds so much to the picture, it's art. The juxtaposition

• Like 3

Just now, The Panda Menace said:

So, if it gets above 31.13m tomorrow and New Years Eve, every day it spent in December was above the record...

That might be too much of a stretch though

(I did a typo. 37.13M. So Christmas Eve and NYE will break the streak, but still.)

5 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

Most? Probably not. James Cameron? I would have to say oh yeah. You don't take out  a page in Variety congratulating yourself on beating your own all time record if you don't care. 

I know Cameron is an egomaniac, but that couldn't possibly be true, could it?

1 hour ago, Rman823 said:

I prefer it in December anyway. I don't think I could handle Guardians and Episode 8 together within a couple weeks of each other. 

Yes Disney really needs to do something with that. Either move EP8 to December or switch Guardians 2 with Thor: Ragnarok

• Like 2