Plain Old Tele

Wednesday Star Wars TFA ACTUALS - 38,022,183

People are saying this movie will not break Avatars record?

With these weekdays, how will it not? 

This movie is grossing three times the amount in these weekdays and will probably have a monster second and third weekends. 

Avatars record is history. A matter of time. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Baumer Fett said:

The reason it fell yesterday and has a chance to go up today is because usually films go up on discount Tuesday because there is room to go up.  But with TFA, every day is behaving like a Friday, people are seeing it every day so there is no uptick in attendance on Tuesday because it's already selling out every day like it was a Friday.  So when you offer cheaper tickets, even though you are selling the same amount as Monday, the gross comes in less because the tickets aren't as expensive.  Wednesday's numbers seems to support that theory somewhat.

Just a theory.

Good theory... makes as much sense as anything

3 minutes ago, #ED2-D2 said:

Well China is a Wild Card. Its not expected to do big numbers.

I, of course, was joking.  Nothing can break Avatar WW

Spoiler

I think

Just now, VGPOP said:

People are saying this movie will not break Avatars record?

With these weekdays, how will it not? 

This movie is grossing three times the amount in these weekdays and will probably have a monster second and third weekends. 

Avatars record is history. A matter of time. 

No, we all know it's topping it domestically.  I think we are talking WW.

• Like 1

Wtf. This date is like the perfect release date. I have no words. I thought 35m at most today.....

In other news Australia has continued to break records like the US. 38.5m 1st week. Seeing similar performance to avatar but on a bigger level. On its current trajectory after 3 weeks we could have a total between 85m and 100m. This is a serious threat to our all time admissions champ in croc Dundee.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 8

4 minutes ago, Baumer Fett said:

Well, I would say 32%, like Avatar.  The only reason it might fall less is if theater owners decide to keep their theaters open later on Christmas Eve due to demand.  But if they all close like normal, like after the 7pm show, then I think 32-35% is fair.  

That drop seems fair , Friday number is going to be ungodly. Potentially, 56-60M, 68-70M Sat, 58-60M Sun for 182-190M weekend.:ohmyzod:

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Clef Ment said:

2018 at the earliest.

If James moves Avatar to 2018.....it would seem like the Smart move to move SW8 to December 2017 instead of putting it between the two Marvel movies during the summer.

Well, colour me a little hesitant calling a weekend with an Avatar like multiplier.  This has to slow down eventually....it can't keep this pace up.  Seriously, this is nuts.

• Like 5

Guys, I think I might have been the first person to say 1bil domestic seriously and stick to it. I need to find that post because everyone called me crazy and now it could actually happen!

Edited by TStechnij
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, TStechnij said:

Guys, I think I might have been the first person to say 1bil domestic seriously and stuck to it. I need to find that post because everyone called me crazy and now it could actually happen!

To be fair you were crazy. All of this is crazy. The whole world lost its mind

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, Baumer Fett said:

Well, colour me a little hesitant calling a weekend with an Avatar like multiplier.  This has to slow down eventually....it can't keep this pace up.  Seriously, this is nuts.

Agreed.  It just isn't possible for this to continue to perform like Avatar long term because it is just going through so much demand.  I'm just hoping that its bigger drops come post January 3.