Plain Old Tele

Wednesday Star Wars TFA ACTUALS - 38,022,183

Just now, MovieMan89 said:

The whole weekend takes place in January so it is definitely a January weekend. 

True... I don't know if we've had a movie have the monthly record from a weekend that wasn't its opening before.

Then again, we didn't count Avatar when it technically had the record in January.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CJ Ren said:

Impossible.  It won't do 30M tomorrow. It might fail to do 25M tbh. Lets not get carried away. Not even Avatar had a drop like that and this is following Avatar.

there are 10-20% drops for some movies, and this aint Avatar. Its much much bigger and is unprecedented

its broken all reason day after day and yet people speak with such conviction that it will do the norm

1 minute ago, The Panda Menace said:

True... I don't know if we've had a movie have the monthly record from a weekend that wasn't its opening before.

Then again, we didn't count Avatar when it technically had the record in January.

I think that still counted as the all time highest January weekend gross for a movie before AS, just not the all time OW since it wasn't its OW. 

4 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

He might if he gets the all time first run attendance record snatched away from him. I have a feeling he didn't think he'd ever have to let go of that one. 

I don't know. Do filmmakers think like this or it's just us? lol

Just now, kayumanggi said:

I don't know. Do filmmakers think like this or it's just us? lol

Most? Probably not. James Cameron? I would have to say oh yeah. You don't take out  a page in Variety congratulating yourself on beating your own all time record if you don't care. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

Sniper's opening is still the most impressive of the year for.me. 

Sniper was very impressive, but if you think it's more impressive than a movie making 1 billion domestic a possibility than you're crazy.

Also, fun fact: The Force Awakens will be the first franchise film to ever be #1 DOM

• Like 2