Plain Old Tele

Wednesday Star Wars TFA ACTUALS - 38,022,183

With Whats App, they charge you $1.00 a year to use it.  This is after a free trial period of about a year or something.  I am paid up until 2020....cost me a whole $5.00.

• Like 1

These daily numbers of SW7 just dont makse sense. How could you break the OW by 40m and then have Avatar legs... I'll analyze it... with SCIENCE.

I mean, with FORCE.

Edited by vc2002
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Baumer Fett said:

The reason it fell yesterday and has a chance to go up today is because usually films go up on discount Tuesday because there is room to go up.  But with TFAS, every day is behaving like a Friday, people are seeing it every day so there is no uptick in attendance on Tuesday because it's already selling out every day like it was a Friday.  So when you offer cheaper tickets, even though you are selling the same amount as Monday, the gross comes in less because the tickets aren't as expensive.  Wednesday's numbers seems to support that theory somewhat.

Just a theory.

Interesting explanation.

29 minutes ago, VenomXXR said:

Yes Disney really needs to do something with that. Either move EP8 to December or switch Guardians 2 with Thor: Ragnarok

Avatar 2 has the December 2017 release date already wrapped up.

4 minutes ago, Baumer Fett said:

The reason it fell yesterday and has a chance to go up today is because usually films go up on discount Tuesday because there is room to go up.  But with TFAS, every day is behaving like a Friday, people are seeing it every day so there is no uptick in attendance on Tuesday because it's already selling out every day like it was a Friday.  So when you offer cheaper tickets, even though you are selling the same amount as Monday, the gross comes in less because the tickets aren't as expensive.  Wednesday's numbers seems to support that theory somewhat.

Just a theory.

If your theory is correct then what is your softer Xmas Eve drop? <30% at a min right?

2 minutes ago, ChiSoxRox said:

New dream: If this somehow lasts to $1.188B dom, it's #3 adjusted alltime behind GWTW and the original.

And if you think about it, it'd be above SW first run gross.  GWTW also just never left theaters and was a completely different era.

#3 in that case would in all practicality be #1.

3 minutes ago, Darth AndyLL said:

1 DOM isn't unrealistic now.... WW record is.

We need the dollar to crash next week. :ph34r:

Well China is a Wild Card. Its not expected to do big numbers.

$30 million

$62 million 

$74 million

$59 million

$195 million 2nd weekend... an increase from its OW minus previews... $594 million in 10 days

$42 million

$43 million

$37 million

$25 million

$51 million

$47.5 million

$32.5 million 

$741 million by NYE... $872 million by Jan 3/17 days 

This is crazy 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, GiantCALBears said:

If your theory is correct then what is your softer Xmas Eve drop? <30% at a min right?

Well, I would say 32%, like Avatar.  The only reason it might fall less is if theater owners decide to keep their theaters open later on Christmas Eve due to demand.  But if they all close like normal, like after the 7pm show, then I think 32-35% is fair.  

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, Ocho said:

Avatar 2 has the December 2017 release date already wrapped up.

If Cameron doesn't push the movie back for a 5th time. If Avatar 2 holds that date and is on schedule, then switching Thor 3 and GOTG 2 seems best. I don't think Avatar 2 comes anywhere near the original box office wise but it's still gonna be a beast and you don't want people to have to choose between it and EP8. 

3 minutes ago, #ED2-D2 said:

Well China is a Wild Card. Its not expected to do big numbers.

Not true at all.  If by not big you mean between 150 and 250, then I guess you are right.

Just now, The Panda Menace said:

And if you think about it, it'd be above SW first run gross.  GWTW also just never left theaters and was a completely different era.

#3 in that case would in all practicality be #1.

AFAIK, the highest adjusted original run is going to be Titanic's $1.068B first run, since everything above that is films like Sound of Music and Jaws.