Dementeleus

Christmas Eve Awakens: SW 27.5-28.5m (Rth) So this is how Avatar dies, with thunderous applause

2 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

What's wrong with me not wanting to spend $10 on Star Wars when I can see it for half that?

Its not like I feel that I'm really going to love the film after the so-so reception I've been seeing on here (mixed in with the fanboys loosing their shit)

MIXED RECEPTION?!?!?! :rofl:

Either way see it when you can/want. I am just curious for your review :) 

• Like 1

• Community Manager
3 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

What's wrong with me not wanting to spend $10 on Star Wars when I can see it for half that?

Its not like I feel that I'm really going to love the film after the so-so reception I've been seeing on here (mixed in with the fanboys loosing their shit)

Over 60% have given the movie an A. Over 85% have given the movie an A or a B. Last I checked, that's not a so-so reception. That's a fantastic reception. Most people loving the movie or thinking it's good isn't a mixed reception. Only a few members didn't like it or thought it was merely average. Sorry nice try Ethan but the reception for TFA is good by every metric even here on BOT.

• Like 7

My theatre is only getting Point Break this weekend. But Joy and Daddy's Home are playing half an hour away, so I'll likely see those before I go back to school. Only thing is there's a Cineplex theatre about an hour and a half away from me (I don't work for Cineplex so I don't get free movies there) and its playing Concussion and Big Short. Which of the two should I see?

I've seen enough members that I trust here saying the film was mediocre/bad to kill my excitement for the film. 

Example 1: Coolio

Example 2: Tree

Yes the fanboys and many others are eating up but I'm seeing plenty of not so positive things said.

1 minute ago, DAJK said:

My theatre is only getting Point Break this weekend. But Joy and Daddy's Home are playing half an hour away, so I'll likely see those before I go back to school. Only thing is there's a Cineplex theatre about an hour and a half away from me (I don't work for Cineplex so I don't get free movies there) and its playing Concussion and Big Short. Which of the two should I see?

I'm seeing Concussion (as well as Sisters) tomorrow. Seeing The Big Short at one day next week. Also plan on seeing Carol (which opened here today) at some point soon too. The Hateful Eight also opened here today, but I don't know if I'll be able to see it in theaters. Also, I'll likely be dragged by a friend to see Star Wars again hehe. Joy is kinda no longer a priority movie to see for us.

I think Disney will be rescheduling a few things, I can't see leaving Memorial Day for the taking because WB or another studio will swoop in with another big film, they'll simply slot either Beauty and the Beast or Pirates in place of Star Wars and keep Guardians in its same slot. 

Just now, Jonwo said:

I think Disney will be rescheduling a few things, I can't see leaving Memorial Day for the taking because WB or another studio will swoop in with another big film, they'll simply slot either Beauty and the Beast or Pirates in place of Star Wars and keep Guardians in its same slot. 

Pirates needs those July weekdays, IMO. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

I've seen enough members that I trust here saying the film was mediocre/bad to kill my excitement for the film. 

Example 1: Coolio

Example 2: Tree

Yes the fanboys and many others are eating up but I'm seeing plenty of not so positive things said.

You're really not gonna see a film because a couple people don't like it? I mean that's your perogative, but why see any movie then?

Edited by Jayhawk the Hutt
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, Jayhawk the Hutt said:

You're really not gonna see a film because a couple people don't like it? I mean that's your perogative, but why see any movie?

James wasn't a big fan of it either. That is 3 people. None of them gave it a negative review, tho. All three would still be fresh on RT :lol:

• Like 6