Plain Old Tele

Christmas Eve Awakens: SW 27.5-28.5m (Rth) So this is how Avatar dies, with thunderous applause

1 hour ago, FlashMaster659 said:

Just looked at all the Cincinnati theaters on Fandango and your theater is the only one without showtimes after 5:00 PM. All others pretty much go past 11:00 PM.

Yeah Its not a regional thing. I just didn't know how common the early closing was nationwide. That theatrer is inside a shopping complex, so I'd assume that's why they are closed that early. 

Hey you guys!

It's really crazy when you think about how many longtime BOT lurkers (stalkers?) there are as I believe there's a bunch of lazy assholes like me (maybe not that many who are also suffering from depression/anxiety tho). Would be really cool story for a serial killer type of film; I can already see the tagline "Their only sin was underestimating his favorite franchise".

This past week was exciting af, until I actually saw the movie yesterday. I really wish, 100% aware of how pretentious I am, everything stops being so mediocre in blockbusters. Mass appeal is everything and nostalgia is the way to go this year, but I just don't care (same way you don't care about any of my bs) what SW means to you or how old you were when your father took you to see ROTJ. MMFR is much more deserving of this type of run, but that's just me.

At the same time, I loathe Avatar, JW and MCU movies so passionately that I'm rooting for this to break their records.

Merry Christmas, you filthy animals!

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, CJ Ren said:

Anything over 50M today is a win in my books.

I am not gonna lie, I know most just care about SW, but I am curious to see what the 4 openers, The Big Short, Hateful 8, Sisters and Alvin 4 do today.

That's cause you are a true BO ninja looking for the bigger picture.

• Like 1

Just now, Lordmandeep said:

I think avatar is a done deal if it collapses right?

Avatar was a done deal in the moment we saw the weekend result. Jurassic World legs would have been enough. 

30 minutes ago, lancer1997 said:

Missed the point, you have. Mhmmm

I was joking. I get your point. The prequels were obviously not as good as OT. They were not even good films. But even with horrible feelings after Episode II, ROTS was able to open to 200 (4-day) and finishing over 500 after adjusting and applying some 3D push. Being this one the beginning of a new trilogy, with old cast returning and with good vibes from trailers, some predictions were, IMHO and at very least, laughable or ingenuous.

If they move Guardians which I think is unlikely, you can bet Warner Bros would swoop in and move Wonder Woman there. Another possibility would be if Spider-Man and Guardians swap dates and they release Spider-Man in May and Guardians in late July. I think Disney is more likely to move Star Wars to December and just move Beauty and the Beast to Memorial Day. 

25 minutes ago, eddyxx said:

Has Ethan seen that movie?

No special effects, no laughs, no animation, no action, no superheros, no way

My kind of movie.

Who is lisa?

Like to meet her. Avatar and inception are the only blockbusters I've liked in the last 10 years.

4 minutes ago, No Prisoners said:

No special effects, no laughs, no animation, no action, no superheros, no way

My kind of movie.

Who is lisa?

Like to meet her. Avatar and inception are the only blockbusters I've liked in the last 10 years.

kRmhzRc.gif

Edited by FTF
  • Like 5

6 minutes ago, peludo said:

I was joking. I get your point. The prequels were obviously not as good as OT. They were not even good films. But even with horrible feelings after Episode II, ROTS was able to open to 200 (4-day) and finishing over 500 after adjusting and applying some 3D push. Being this one the beginning of a new trilogy, with old cast returning and with good vibes from trailers, some predictions were, IMHO and at very least, laughable or ingenuous.

I think AOTC not only suffered from the not good Phantom Menace but also the fact Spider-Man was still doing really well which meant interest in Star Wars wasn't as high as it normally was. ROTS being the last of the trilogy, the Darth Vader aspect and the fact May 2005 was pretty sucky in terms of films, most of the big releases that year weren't until June or July 

1 minute ago, No Prisoners said:

That's the case with most movies. Like gravity

Poetic licence.  Most people don't  notice and don't care.

I dont care in most movies 

However if you jump the shark like in Interstellar it ruins a good movie 

4 minutes ago, redfirebird2008 said:

Avatar 2 will probably end up December 2018 instead. 

Well hopefully thats actually the case and SW 8 will move to Christmas. Wonder Woman, World War Z 2 or Pirates of the Carribbean could probably move to May, if that Memorial Day slot is vacated.