Plain Old Tele

Christmas Eve Awakens: SW 27.5-28.5m (Rth) So this is how Avatar dies, with thunderous applause

9 minutes ago, JohnnY said:

yeah, that's why i think it's being overestimated... 35,000pta for 100screens is too high, specially for a 3 hour movie, most theaters have only 4 showings per day

Shit, I forgot that in the Winter Game. Btw, to the mods, the thread for this week's questions is still open. I think it should be closed by now. Also, would it be right to make an edit now?

4 minutes ago, K1Rey said:

Im surprised no Thursday actual yet

BOM, BO.com, The-Numbers ... did estimates a few hours back.

BO.com wrote yesterday a statement about studios partly being closed for the holidays and to not expect more than estimates. They added they would release as the get them = I understood that as rolling announcements.

In the first post is the chart by BOM, on page 10 are a few more details, one pre-view number got added by someone else, but I forgot the page for that detail.

1 minute ago, Sagemode87 said:

Regarding the title, Avatars WW record isn't going anywhere. If Star Wars doesn't slow down, Domestic is easily within its grasp. 

Extremely difficult, but I still do not think there is 0% chance to beat Avatar WW.

2 minutes ago, Sagemode87 said:

Regarding the title, Avatars WW record isn't going anywhere. If Star Wars doesn't slow down, Domestic is easily within its grasp. 

This is the dom board and the dom thread = the title does NOT implicate the WW record

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, MrFanaticGuy34 said:

Um.....The Day After Tomorrow, anyone? ^_^:lol:

That's his biggest grosser with $544M WW.

I forgot he was in that. I didn't know who he was back then. I think of that as a Dennis Quaid movie. Liked him since Breaking Away.

10 minutes ago, MrFanaticGuy34 said:

Um.....The Day After Tomorrow, anyone? ^_^:lol:

That's his biggest grosser with $544M WW.

In all fairness, most of his movies are absolutely forgettable, like the abominable Prince of Persia, one of the worst movies ever. He's generally only remembered for making out with Heath Ledger up on that mountain.

11 minutes ago, Sagemode87 said:

It's been stated elsewhere, but $1.1B domestic puts Avatar WW in jeopardy with the typical 40% domestic / 60% OS box office split.

Crazy idea when a billion domestic seemed impossible.  Now it doesn't seem impossible, and may in fact be LIKELY pending this weekend's results.

Nothing is out of play for TFA yet.

Edited by LinksterAC
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, LonePirate said:

In all fairness, most of his movies are absolutely forgettable, like the abominable Prince of Persia, one of the worst movies ever. He's generally only remembered for making out with Heath Ledger up on that mountain.

Dude, was amazing in Nightcrawler and Enemy.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, FlashMaster659 said:

Will Deadline still report throughout the weekend?

IMHO Deadline loves to give ~ shortly before actuals get released some already / long known estimates as click-bates.

They also too often 'forget' to name the sorce (in especial details learned via exclusive interviews) plus too often do not get the numbers right (varying degrees), than try to write themselves out of that via sometimes starnge reasonig = I try to avoid them.

Beside that: we will see

Variety.... seem to update today too, but only with short repeats of numbers already released via BO.com, BOM... in a written as text form

5 minutes ago, LonePirate said:

Brokeback Mountain? Is that the film you mean? :huh: