druv10

Star Wars TFA 2nd Wknd Actual: 149.2M !!!

15 minutes ago, ecstasy said:

Sunday had quite the dip from projections. Was it like that for everything?

Based on new estimates, it looks like everything dropped harder than usual. Hopefully is balances out today with softer drops.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Salacious Tree Crumb said:

I have no idea what you are saying. I don't mean to sound like a dick but your english is not good enough for me to understand you, sorry.

your formulation: 'stupid' = IMHO arrogant

part of Tele's post about Star Wars (red = my marking):

That being said, lets have fun yet be careful. DO NOT POST SPOILERS. NOT EVEN SPOILERS UNDER SPOILER TAGS. This weekend, posting a spoiler can result in an immediate Box Office Discussion Forum ban. You will not be given a warning. This goes for all new releases usually but this is a huge weekend and we will not tolerate any spoilers what so ever for Star Wars. If you wish to discuss the movie with spoilers, feel free to use the Star Wars Force Awakens Spoiler Thread HERE .

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Obi-Wan Telemachos said:

60 degrees?! Brrr, I hope you're wearing your parka and gloves.

It was actually pretty cold for SoCal this morning. I live near Santa Monica and there was a good amount of frost on my windshield. Took the dogs for a 4am walk in shorts, t-shirt and sandals. I thought it was pretty nice out. Probably in the low 40s?? Beats the frell out of being too hot.

• Like 2

just finished a new hope and it was really good and unique which was really nice. But tbh not much happend during the film. We were just introduced to the characters and they go blow up the death star and thats it. Still really good tho. and I thought Yoda was supposed to be in this film lol

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Baumer Fett said:

Watch all three prequels.  Go in with an open mind.  There is a lot of excellent stuff in there.

Good to hear. Overall I think I'd give TPM a  5/10 not as terrible as people say but not even close to the quality of the originals. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Vadermort said:

2nd weekend came in at 149m.... disappointed ? 

Lesson learnt : keep low expectations

... and watch the news for weather, other big bad events.... sports events, elections,... public holiday calendars... for the region you are interested in (what I started more earnestly to do in 2014 I think) ;)

I do not know who is interested in such, I like this website as I can change the countries and the years fastly:

http://www.timeanddate.com/holidays/us/

Film Movement
Theeb            $901    -92%         4       -10       $225       $159,466

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Vadermort said:

2nd weekend came in at 149m.... disappointed ? 

Lesson learnt : keep low expectations

Let's not paint this to be disappointing. We all wanted more, yes. We were greedy. This is still an astonishing 2nd weekend, whichever way you cut it.

• Like 2

If it drops 25%, 32M on Monday for SW7.

Monday 32M

Tuesday 32M

Wednesday 29M (-10%)

Thursday 23M (-20%) 656M

Friday 40M (+75%)

Saturday 40M

Sunday 24M (-40%)

104M 3rd weekend - 760M

34M mon - thu (10 - 9.5 - 7.5 - 7)

55M 4th weekend (15 - 24 - 16)

24M mon -thu (6 - 7 - 5.5 - 5.5)

58M MLK (11.5 - 17.5 - 16.5 - 12.5)

931M after MLK

Adding a conservative 120-150M (Avatar did 240M after 54M in MLK), I think we will see a gross in the vicinity of 1.1 billion DOM

:ohmyzod: