druv10

Star Wars TFA 2nd Wknd Actual: 149.2M !!!

5 minutes ago, ThiagoMaia said:

How many actors do have star power nowadays anyway? Like, 2?

Enviado de meu XT1097 usando Tapatalk

There are several stars with BO power (melissa mccarthy, dicaprio, denzel, tom cruise, will ferrell, sandra bullock, kevin hart) but nowadays movies depends more on concepts + stars than in the past. 

Edited by babz06
  • Like 1

Just now, filmlover said:

Big for Daddy's Home. Will Ferrell continues his winning streak (I'm watching Elf right now FYI, god do I love that movie), while Mark Wahlberg will probably mostly make movies his kids can watch going forward.

Transformers 5 is coming. 

8 minutes ago, ThiagoMaia said:

How many actors do have star power nowadays anyway? Like, 2?

Enviado de meu XT1097 usando Tapatalk

Denzel, Jennifer Lawrence, Melissa McCarthy I guess, Will Ferrell when he's paired with another "comedic actor", I dunna about the rest.

Kinda hard to have real big box office draw these days, thanks to the digital age.

Edited by Daniel Dylan Davis
  • Like 1

Can't believe people bought that 35-40m number earlier.  Only 8m-12m more than Christmas Eve?  Suuuure.  Remember when the trades were reporting 60m or under for last Saturday?

High 40s / low 50s is my guess.

Edited by Ozymandias

2 minutes ago, shruth said:

everyone on the thread denying THR's estimates because of the range because they dont want this film to slow down.  lol

Not exactly.  A 12m range is ridiculous and shows you have no clue.  Plus THR has proven to be unreliable in the past.  If RTH said 35-40m, we'd cry and believe him.  If RTH said 35-47m (something I doubt he'd do) we'd be like, "Lol, you're drunk but it's somewhere in there we guess."

Plus, their reasoning just seemed questionable.  Waiting to see any afternoon surge? So they're basing their numbers off of morning showings, when everyone's waking up and opening presents?  Fairly unreasonable.

Not saying they're absolutely wrong, but their article does seem screwy on those numbers.  Especially since it's still early.

Ill wait for RTH to give us late night numbers before I truly meltdown.

• Like 2

Gitesh Pandya ‏@giteshpandya  10h 10 hours ago

Look for massive #Christmas haul today for #StarWarsTheForceAwakens. Should join all-time domestic Top 10 as early as tonight!

I know this was at the beginning of the day but I imagine he gets good estimates (ala Rth) and for it to move into the Top 10 it needs at least $50 million today.

• Like 2

Like I said. 50m/150-160m and no need for disappointment.  The consensus was under predicting for 7 days and it flipped. Over shooting the bow was imminent.  It's a great second weekend. It just wasn't possible to match or come close to matching last weekend for reasons posted  earlier. 

• Like 1

I remember people were freaking out after Saturday was said to be $69m last week and started the chant #frontloaded and #crumbling but they were calm again after Sunday was $60m. The movie is still going to make $140m plus and can still hit $160m for the weekend. Today there was a major draw away for Baskbetball games and we will see a major bumb up tommmorow. RELAX