druv10

Star Wars TFA 2nd Wknd Actual: 149.2M !!!

9 minutes ago, The Good Olive said:

Star Wars: The Force Awakens could make $47.5M to $50M today and is heading towards a $150M three-day.

http://deadline.com/2015/12/star-wars-the-force-awakens-box-office-pack-as-moviegoers-unwrap-gift-of-choice-1201672136/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Dream is alive again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

Jessica Chastain was in an episode of Poirot before she became a big name.

Ive seen Damien Lewis in an older (yesterday in Tele's time frame) episode of Poirot recently. Russell Tovey too. That Waltz show is basically a dog detective trash. I had no idea what his background was, but I certainly did not expect that. Btw. Ive seen JC in Veronica Mars like 12 years ago and she totally stole the episode. I remembered her instantly when she managed to break through later on as she's really made an impact with that little material she was given.

• Like 2

considering that the previews were 55 Million, without previews SW7 would have done 193 Million, With Avengers/JW like Previews it would have done 215 Million. So in technical terms the drop is more similar to a normal christmas drop of 30%

there was a sense of front loadedness attached to SW7 so this weekends figure is simply a course correction SLIGHTLY

Edited by hasanahmad

10 minutes ago, filmlover said:

He found her delightful when she trashed Knocked Up just a few months after it opened. Talk about burning bridges.

By the way I used to watch Grey's Anatomy back in the day and stopped around the time Heigl had a storyline that involved ghost sex. I am not making this up.

I believe you as the same goes for me, think it was season three. That show is such a mess. I ran into an episode last year, why the fuck is it so yellow tinted? I don't remember it being like that back in the day. Same question kinda goes for NCIS and similar crapfests on tv, why do they make them look like they've been shot with an instagram filter.

3 minutes ago, theendsnotnearitshere said:

I believe you as the same goes for me, think it was season three. That show is such a mess. I ran into an episode last year, why the fuck is it so yellow tinted? I don't remember it being like that back in the day. Same question kinda goes for NCIS and similar crapfests on tv, why do they make them look like they've been shot with an instagram filter.

Grey's Anatomy is one of those shows I kinda lost interest in and was no longer invested in after that long hiatus (caused by the strike, of course). Although I did watch the episode where you know what happened last season.

32 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Tele hates Michelle Monaghan for some completely inexplicable reason. Like, could he have picked a more inoffensive person to rag on?

giphy.gif

Everybody knows Gavin Hood is the one person in Hollywood who deserves as much hate and scorn as can be levied against him.

1 minute ago, filmlover said:

Grey's Anatomy is one of those shows I kinda lost interest in and was no longer invested in after that long hiatus (caused by the strike, of course). Although I did watch the episode where you know what happened last season.

Grey's Anatomy is one of those shows I'm embarrassed to admit of being a fan once upon a time is what you mean. I know the feeling. That strike was brutal, though. I never fully recovered from S4 of Lost.

6 minutes ago, VenomXXR said:

His response was for The Hateful 8, unless he didn't notice and actually meant TFA!! :D

I know, I was just pushing to see if the range has gone up. Also, another Houstonian on BOT:D

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, theendsnotnearitshere said:

Ive seen Damien Lewis in an older (yesterday in Tele's time frame) episode of Poirot recently. Russell Tovey too. That Waltz show is basically a dog detective trash. I had no idea what his background was, but I certainly did not expect that. Btw. Ive seen JC in Veronica Mars like 12 years ago and she totally stole the episode. I remembered her instantly when she managed to break through later on as she's really made an impact with that little material she was given.

Most British actors who become big later on pop up in various British crime dramas. Benedict Cumberbatch mostly did television, radio and theatre before Sherlock propelled him, Martin Freeman before Sherlock and The Hobbit was only known for playing Tim in The Office. 

I remember when Chris Hemsworth appeared in Star Trek, it was weird because he'd been on the soap opera Home and Away a few years before and I recognised him.