baumer

Star Wars TFA Tuesday Actual: 29.5M !!! (-6%)

22 minutes ago, Sagemode87 said:

Doesn't make it a better movie. Star Wars just has a more rabid fanbase. TFA was overrated garbage. 

God I love when really good and successful movies get the bitter try hards to crawl out from under their bridges. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, GiantCALBears said:

Are people not allowed to have a meh/negative opinion of TFA?

Of course they're allowed to have one.  Hes just been posting the same whining posts for over a week now because its smashing every record.  Actually, it seems like he registered just to whine about it.

• Like 4

Lol this comment is so stupid I'm sorry.

Please don't pretend like it didn't have a rabid (even if it was a minority) fanbase.  Critics got death threats for posting negative reviews.  It was the reason RT had to remove commenting on reviews.  That's the definition of rabid.

Internet fanbases (especially for Nolan) have some terrifying individuals.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, GiantCALBears said:

Yes, to a degree. 

I think if you checked all of his posts there wouldn't have been any character development. The same from the first to the last. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, DealWithIt said:

Coming from someone that says tons of dumb shit daily on here, this is highly amusing. 

Such as...?

1 minute ago, Ozymandias said:

Of course they're allowed to have one.  Hes just been posting the same whining posts for over a week now because its smashing every record.  Actually, it seems like he registered just to whine about it.

So the people who come on to give undying love to a film are "better" in your book or more valid?

8 minutes ago, GiantCALBears said:

Maybe there are ways to say things ?

I don't know.

I just love how people who don't like the movie sound very angry like they are mad so many people enjoy the movie and they didn't.

Edited by The Futurist

It's fine to have a negative opinion about any film.  Everyone is entitled to it.

But it seems to me if I hated a movie that was crushing everything in it's path, from a box office record standpoint, I would state my opinion once or twice and give credit where it's due from the box office standpoint.  I wouldn't try to continue to crash the party over and over again and be Mr. Buzzkill over and over again.   This is approaching a billion domestically.  If you say a movie that is reaching this heights is only reaching this level because of fanboy repeat viewngs (instead of mass appeal) then you are either massively out of touch-or a troll. People are going to be going crazy cheering it on as they should be to witness such a historic event.  I don't see the joy in repeating the same negative tone over and over again.  It has sore loser written all over it and it doesn't look good.  Just my opinion.

• Like 7

51 minutes ago, spizzer said:

Business hours for a single-day time-frame are 6AM - 5:59AM though.  So previews starting at 7PM counted up till 5:50 shows would be about 0.5 days (.46 days to be precise).  57M made from 7PM Thursday - 5:59 AM Friday and 62M from 6AM Friday - 5:59 Saturday would be 119M in about 1.5 BO tracking days.  

I personally hold the same standard for the old midnight previews.  For example, TDKR from 12AM Fri - 5:59 Fri made ~30M and ~45M from 6AM Fri - 5:59 Sat.  75M in roughly 1.25 days.  ~160.9M 3.25 day weekend.  Same standard with TA, or TDK, or whatever else.

Makes sense ITO shows as well.  TFA had ~198,000 shows from Fri-Sun, without previews.  About 66K per day, and somewhere between 30-35K shows from Thursday 7PM - Friday 5:59 AM, which is half of how many it had in the other 24-hour frames.

I agree with your reasoning but my issue is with Gitesh and I don't remember him claiming 3.5 days for DH2, TA1, TDKR or TDK

36 minutes ago, Salacious Tree Crumb said:

Wednesday-to-Wednesday, Star Wars dropped -0.03% at my cinema. (yes that is it sold 1 ticket less)

:ohmygod:

oh and, thursday and saturday should significantly increase from last week too, as well as obviously friday as we were closed on xmas day.

3 minutes ago, The Panda Menace said:

Please don't pretend like it didn't have a rabid (even if it was a minority) fanbase.  Critics got death threats for posting negative reviews.  It was the reason RT had to remove commenting on reviews.  That's the definition of rabid.

Internet fanbases (especially for Nolan) have some terrifying individuals.

TDK was a phenomenon here in the states, that's like saying episode 8 or going back ESB should be as successful as TFA and/or ANH.

2 minutes ago, GiantCALBears said:

So the people who come on to give undying love to a film are "better" in your book or more valid?

I don't like any single issue posters whether they're rabid fanboys or haters on the sidelines runnin they mouth

:)

• Like 3