#ED

Weekend Actuals: The Force Awakens - 90.2M !!!

2 minutes ago, Chewy said:

Yo I don't know if you know this, but the new Star Wars movie is big because of the brand

It's hard to believe, I understand. But trust me. People like the Star Wars brand, and came out to see the new one accordingly

That's why it's so big. The brand

I know you all thought it wasn't because of the brand, and I hate to break it to you, but it was

It's got more brand than all the brands featured in Jurassic World

1 minute ago, Obi-Wan Telemachos said:

I never would have known your opinion had you not posted just now. ;)

And also, it's pretty hubristic to assume that everyone will automatically gravitate toward your opinion.

I've gotten a lot of flack for the opinion on these boards too lol. I wouldn't say hubristic, lots of people share my thoughts on the flaws. When movies make this much money, I guess it's to be expected for people to pick it apart with a fine tooth comb. 

Just now, Sagemode87 said:

I've gotten a lot of flack for the opinion on these boards too lol. I wouldn't say hubristic, lots of people share my thoughts on the flaws. When movies make this much money, I guess it's to be expected for people to pick it apart with a fine tooth comb. 

It's not hubristic because lots of people share your opinion, it's hubristic because you expect others to change their opinion to agree with you. In other words, you think you're objectively right and they're not.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Sagemode87 said:

My man, you haven't picked it apart with a fine-tooth comb. You've posted "the villain was weak he shouldn't have taken his mask off i couldn't take him srsly" about 100 times

• Like 8

15 minutes ago, Biph Shmata said:

There is one way to do a relatively early check of the impact and lasting power of the movie. Count the number of little girls that knock on your door for Halloween dressed as Rey, I'm betting that number will be pretty large.

Or very low if no one knocks. 

Box Office: '' Flying Past Every '' Film Save the First

Eingebetteter Bild-Link

Yes, my story accounts for inflation in North America (or how made me do math on a Saturday).

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/box-office-force-awakens-flying-851439?utm_source=twitter

Edited by terrestrial
trying to get the link to work

I'm sure someone likes the conversation but I'm sick of the inflation/admissions conversation.

It's a never ending discussion. I want numbers for today. Someone find them.

• Like 7

3 hours ago, chaos said:

Everything would be so much easier, if admissions where counted instead of money - but thats not happening cos there would not be any records anymore. ;)

A 100mio 3rd weekend would have been awesome but also not happening .. could be close though..

More than the Phantom Menace?

Will we be getting any RTH in here tonight people?

19 minutes ago, Biph Shmata said:

There is one way to do a relatively early check of the impact and lasting power of the movie. Count the number of little girls that knock on your door for Halloween dressed as Rey, I'm betting that number will be pretty large.

This is true. (True story: I knew in my gut that Frozen was going to be huge when a little girl in the next row said "I wanna be Elsa next Halloween!" as the credits started rolling.)

19 minutes ago, Chewy said:

My man, you haven't picked it apart with a fine-tooth comb. You've posted "the villain was weak he shouldn't have taken his mask off i couldn't take him srsly" about 100 times

Lol I wasn't referring only  to myself. Look up "The Force Awakens sucks"  on YouTube. You'll see all the problems I don't post. I don't post all the problems myself because of  spoilers.  Kylo Ren and Overpowered Rey are 2 of my biggest gripes though. 

Edited by Sagemode87

Just now, Sagemode87 said:

Lol I wasn't referring only  to myself. Look up "The Force Awakens sucks"  on YouTube. You'll see all the problems I don't post. I don't post all the problems myself because of  spoilers.  Kylo Ren and Overpowered Rey are 2 of my biggest gripes though. 

Hard pass. Hardest of passes

• Like 6

23 minutes ago, Obi-Wan Telemachos said:

Only because the "fanbase" is the GA. More than any other franchise.

That's also my point. SW is the definition of a household franchise. When we talk about fanbase of other franchise, we talk about the fans. When we talk about fanbase of SW, we're literrally talking about the whole country.

• Like 4

I really hope this movie can get 40M today. I was talking to a couple at dinner who are seeing it for the first time. I saw Concussion today, and at my local theater, two showings were sold out.

It would really be cool if it can take the January record from American Sniper.

I'm a fan of it getting 1B. It needs to challenge Titanic for modern Box Office first run.