#ED

Weekend Actuals: The Force Awakens - 90.2M !!!

I'll struggle to watch AOTC that many times in my life let alone within a few months. 

After tomorrow I'll be on 6 times for TFA, I'll probably get to 8 maybe but no more. The IMAX factor does a good job of getting me returning. 

42 minutes ago, junkshop36 said:

So you think it will drop more than AOTC dropped from TPM?

I guess it depends on how much it ends up making. If it goes over 950, but not 1b, I see EP8 hitting 800m. If it makes it to 1b then I see at least 850. 

I expect it to drop about 20-25%.  The reason being is that this was a perfect storm.  The anticipation from everyone for this film was nothing like we have ever seen before.  You simply can't duplicate that.  Plus not everyone liked the film so there will be some natural attrition. Look at the original SW.  That film is loved by most today and yet Empire dropped 32%.  Why?  Was SW that hated or did it just set a pace that was unattainable.  

When you reach the zeitgeist like TFA has, the sequel has nowhere to go but down.  My guess for the final gross is about 1.05 billion and based on that I think the sequel opens to about 235 million and grosses about 800 mill.

• Like 9

^^

Titanic's run was completely amazing and this does nothing to change that.  Heck, I saw it 12 times in the theaters.  It was a Friday ritual for weeks with this girl I was with.  No, it's not my most watched in theaters, but most likely no less than top 10 most watched.

I love watching TFA's run.  It's astounding as well

Edited by 75live
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Baumer Fett said:

I expect it to drop about 20-25%.  The reason being is that this was a perfect storm.  The anticipation from everyone for this film was nothing like we have ever seen before.  You simply can't duplicate that.  Plus not everyone liked the film so there will be some natural attrition. Look at the original SW.  That film is loved by most today and yet Empire dropped 32%.  Why?  Was SW that hated or did it just set a pace that was unattainable.  

When you reach the zeitgeist like TFA has, the sequel has nowhere to go but down.  My guess for the final gross is about 1.05 billion and based on that I think the sequel opens to about 235 million and grosses about 800 mill.

Btw everyone, this post also applies to Jurassic World 2.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, 75live said:

^^

Titanic's run was completely amazing and this does nothing to change that.  Heck, I saw it 12 times in the theaters.  It was a Friday ritual for weeks with this girl I was with.  No, it's not my most watched in theaters, but most likely no less than top 10 most watched.

I love watching TFA's run.  It's astounding as well

Adjusted for inflation, Titanic is number 5 all-time. I am absolutely amazed at what Star Wars: The Force Awakens is doing. This is super exciting. However, I have to put things in perspective. Star Wars: The Force Awakens will not surpass Titanic's domestic adjusted gross. Titanic's domestic total adjusted for inflation is more impressive.

1 minute ago, The Futurist said:

Titanic is the biggest original run in America, admissions wise.

It won't happen again.

Make your peace with it.

I guarantee it will happen some day. Maybe when 4D or VR Cinema is used effectively and Revolutionizes Cinema. Kinda like Avatar. It will happen

3 minutes ago, Ozymandias said:

Wow so many posts about Titanic/Avatar/admissions/inflation.   These are dark times for Cameron loons.

So many posts confused and worried about the 19.8m figure.

They realise it will might not make $1b, this worries them because without $1.2b Dom it won't beat Avatar's 2.8b