druv10

8M TFA Rth Monday number!!! SW7 has surpassed TA1 & F7 for 4th alltime WW!!!

All this adjusted talk is silly.  The eras are completely different.  Exorcist, Jaws, even Titanic didn't have to deal with piracy and other forms of revenue stunting.  It's nice to compare  but it's also completely irrelevant.

Holy words [emoji106]

• Like 2

Just now, terrestrial said:

Despite grossing twice as much as in 1st 17 days, both are now even at $8M on MON, day 18.

Obviously not happening, but just for fun if it matche Avatar's gross everyday from here on out it would give TFA a 1.139b finish (not counting Avatar's re-release gross).

Also TFA officially beats Avatar's first run with that Monday number to become the highest unadjusted first run gross ever! 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Telemachos said:

Hey, how about we debate something simpler: who was the better home run hitter, Babe Ruth, Hank Aaron, or Barry Bonds? Clearly the numbers must show us a definitive answer, right?

Hidden Content

Obviously it was Ruth because he was drunk all the time and could still smack the shit out of the ball.

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, Telemachos said:

Hey, how about we debate something simpler: who was the better home run hitter, Babe Ruth, Hank Aaron, or Barry Bonds? Clearly the numbers must show us a definitive answer, right?

Hidden Content

What, no Mark McGwire?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MovieMan89 said:

Obviously not happening, but just for fun if it matche Avatar's gross everyday from here on out it would give TFA a 1.139b finish (not counting Avatar's re-release gross).

Also TFA officially beats Avatar's first run with that Monday number to become the highest unadjusted first run gross ever! 

Agree, agree, yes,

and I never understood the people trying to imply SW 7 has to have from here on the same numbers. They do not have similar enough patterns from the beginning IMHO and would be a bit too insane (term?) numbers too

5 minutes ago, Telemachos said:

Hidden Content

Bonds is the best power hitter since Ruth (even though he had a little extra help ;)), but Ruth was smashing an enormous amount of homers when no one else was doing it. Using a box office analogy he was kinda like TFA's first 17 days, no one will reach that level of dominance in baseball again.

Edited by Jayhawk the Hutt
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Telemachos said:

Hidden Content

I can tell you that it wasn't Aaron. Amazing player and all, but Atlanta was, by far, the highest altitude baseball stadium until they added Colorado and he played half his career there.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, terrestrial said:

Sick of hearing about vs ? Consider this - next 4 Decembers shd have new films from both mega-franchises.

December 2017 will be interesting if Cameron really does have Avatar 2 ready for that date. It's only a matter of time before Disney announced VIII for that release, and releasing the two together would be crazy stupid. SW wouldn't budge though and Cameron loves his December releases, so I'd imagine Avatar 2 isn't coming until December 2018 whether its ready or not. 

• Like 1

Ruth hit more home runs in a season than all other American League teams twice, 1920 and 1927; like Gone with the Wind's legendary box office.

Baseball and Box Office, two of my favorites - thanks Tele :)

• Like 3

1 minute ago, MovieMan89 said:

December 2017 will be interesting if Cameron really does have Avatar 2 ready for that date. It's only a matter of time before Disney announced VIII for that release, and releasing the two together would be crazy stupid. SW wouldn't budge though and Cameron loves his December releases, so I'd imagine Avatar 2 isn't coming until December 2018 whether its ready or not. 

I have not developed an opinion about that. But if both would get a release, I'll take full vacation in that time (means all jobs) and watch both repeatedly (still had no chance to watch SW 7 a 2nd time)