druv10

8M TFA Rth Monday number!!! SW7 has surpassed TA1 & F7 for 4th alltime WW!!!

6 minutes ago, RascarCapat said:

Well you should wait for actuals before saying anything. Avatar made $8,094,554 on the same monday and we have a 8M estimation... You're a little fast to pull the trigger...

And also we all know that Avatar's dailys will pass TFA at some point, simply because Avatar only grossed 360,209,452 $ at day 17 when TFA grossed 742,208,942 $ in the same amount of time.

1. Are you doubting RTH

2. It's just funny it happened on the expected day of passing Avatar

2 hours ago, IronJimbo said:

1. Are you doubting RTH

2. It's just funny it happened on the expected day of passing Avatar

Dude who said anything about doubting ?

8M estimation is rounded up or down, we could have a 8.095 M actual and it would beat Avatar.

Of course it could also be 7.8 and then you'll be right. In both case RTH would still be right on spot.

All I'm saying is that you and I both don't know who wins the day based on a 8M estimation by RTH.

Edited by RascarCapat

2 minutes ago, DMan7 said:

Are you guys using a comma instead of a period for decimal notation? I noticed a few posts in here that is quite confusing.

Sorry that's the French standard, I think it's also the standard in other European countries.

I edited my previous post for clarity.

• Like 3

If it holds 8 then that is a solid number. Not an incredible number, but not an avg or poor number either.

It basically keeps Baumer's B train on the track moving toward the station slowly but steadily.

Baumer has expressed eloquently what this run is like and not like so no need to rehash, but think of it this way.

if you assume making $1B by 3/31 TFA would need to gross 66.2% of Avatar's gross from Monday 1/4 to 3/31. That 8 number would be over 95% of Avatar's Monday's gross, so statistically it makes $1B more likely rather than less likely. if the actual comes in at 8 then TFA needs 65.5% of Avatar's gross from Tuesday on to reach 1B by 3/31. In my head I just try to keep in mind any day it makes at least 70% of Avatar's gross for that day it's making it likely it hits 1B. 

TFA is fun to follow right now partially because it is in a grey area for the one thing left to talk about - whether it can get to 1B. You can make legit arguments for either side, we simply don't have enough non Holiday data points yet to make strong conclusions either way. 

I think both 1B DOM and the 2.2B WW are going to be quite close. I'd be surprised if it ended up more than +-3% on either of them. 

TFA started Monday with over a $131M cushion on Avatar's gross from 1/4-3/31 to make $1B. 

• Like 1

Off topic but today I have the opportunity to go see Brooklyn, concussion, or the big short. Which one do you guys think is the one I should see based on Oscar opportunities? In other words which one will be the most relevant come Oscar time?

6 minutes ago, Baumer Fett said:

Off topic but today I have the opportunity to go see Brooklyn, concussion, or the big short. Which one do you guys think is the one I should see based on Oscar opportunities? In other words which one will be the most relevant come Oscar time?

Concussion is irrelevant.

Saoirse will fight Brie Larson for best actress.

Big Short is making waves and the subject matter is great.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, The Futurist said:

Titanic was the last true four quadrant movie, the last remnant of old Hollywood using the tools & genius of one mad canadian.

It was the movie David Lean would have made if he was alive in 1997.

With Titanic i really started to be mad about box office, years prior i only had access to monthly box office across a spanish movie magazine.

In Fnac, a big retailer in the centre of Madrid, i discovered Variety and it was just in the magical 1998, when Titanic made history. i went every sunday to read the magazine there and to see the weekly earnings of Titanic, i started when the movie was about 400 million, and it was really exciting for me.

Years after i discovered BOM and other sources with internet, but here started everything.

i still keep as a jewel a couple of number of Variety of that time, i want to share with you my treasure. Sorry for the quality of the pictures, but this is history!

....i´ve tried to attach the pictures, but i can´t,  can help me anyone?

• Like 3