WrathOfHan

Weekend Actuals (Page 93): TFA 42.35M | The Revenant 39.83M | Daddy's Home 15.02M | The Forest 12.74M | Sisters 7.19M

14 minutes ago, The Dark Alfred said:

Revenant is beautiful, you might not have the intelligence to get it, but that's fine, that's why studios make brainless films, too. It's only fair to cater for everyone.

Digital still hasn't caught up on film, but it's a matter of time. As of now 70mm is still the highest quality. I'm privileged to live in a city when the QT roadshow was presented in Ultra Panavision.

That's great that you like it so much, but one would actually have to be mentally challenged to lack the intelligence to understand The Revenant. Let's not pretend here it's too "complex" for some people. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, The Dark Alfred said:

Revenant is beautiful, you might not have the intelligence to get it, but that's fine, that's why studios make brainless films, too. It's only fair to cater for everyone.

Ah yes, let's trash the people who didn't like a particular movie because "it was too smart for them." Always a good time to be had there.

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, The Dark Alfred said:

Digital still hasn't caught up on film, but it's a matter of time. As of now 70mm is still the highest quality. I'm privileged to live in a city when the QT roadshow was presented in Ultra Panavision.

this post proves it:

people who dislike the revenant = dummies

people who like it = crazy insecure in their own opinions.

• Like 1

Just now, Travod said:

tl;dr 

The Revenant was absolutely gorgeous to look at and it was thrilling in parts but it was 30 minutes too long. 

And that's coming from me watching it immediately after watching TH8 roadshow.

Your ass was probably sore by the end of that day from sitting for so long.

23 minutes ago, The Dark Alfred said:

I can't wait for IMAX or Arri Alexa to release a camera that can match or exceed Ultra Panavision. I think it'll be as soon a five years away. I suspect Tarantino, Nolan, Spielberg etc will still shoot on film and not switch at all. Someone like David Fincher is never going back to shooting on film because it doesn't suit his style of directing 

2 hours ago, CoolioD1 said:

carol would actually deserve to win so there's no way it will.

Carol was made to be Oscar bait.  You can feel the actors thinking, "oooh, we're so important and we're making such an important film."   The whole thing was so pretentious and distant.

Movie did look great, though.

I'd give Best Actress to Saorise Ronan.  Really nice, natural performance, without the "look at me, I'm acting" melodramatic face-making that was the entirety of both Cate Blanchett and Rooney Mara in Carol.

Edited by Gumby

Back from my 3rd viewing of TFA and it was more packed than my 2nd. On the way there my dad brought up how there shouldn't be that many people considering it's been out a few weeks. Once he seen we were in the auditorium with the biggest screen he realized he was wrong. I would say it was about 60% full. 

Edited by Rman823
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, The Panda said:

People are bringing 5-8 year old kids to my 9:30 Revenant showing.  I've seen at least four.   What is wrong with people, and why is this a sold out late showing with children?

Parents be dumb and rude. I would refuse to bring my child to anything that I know isn't appropriate for him regardless of MPAA rating even if he was ready for that kind of experience yet. Sitter or stay home.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, The Panda said:

People are bringing 5-8 year old kids to my 9:30 Revenant showing.  I've seen at least four.   What is wrong with people, and why is this a sold out late showing with children?

Some parents are just irresponsible. I wonder why cinemas don't operate a policy where young children can't be brought into films after 9 or 10pm, R rated or not, it's not fair on the child who wouldn't understand it or find it upsetting. I wouldn't even being a young child to something like Jurassic World unless I know they could handle it.

• Like 2

Just now, Jonwo said:

Some parents are just irresponsible. I wonder why cinemas don't operate a policy where young children can't be brought into films after 9 or 10pm, R rated or not, it's not fair on the child who wouldn't understand it or find it upsetting. I wouldn't even being a young child to something like Jurassic World unless I know they could handle it.

There ARE some theaters that ban children under a certain age, parent/legal guardian with them or not, after a certain time from R rated movies (and at some of them, even PG-13 ones).