WrathOfHan

Weekend Actuals (Page 93): TFA 42.35M | The Revenant 39.83M | Daddy's Home 15.02M | The Forest 12.74M | Sisters 7.19M

Hahaha the idea of Titanic, a cheesy chick flick with an awful story, being better than anything up there is laughable. Almost as laughable as JW being better than TFA. Get real! One is a fun, dumb blockbuster that's entertaining enough but it's Dino mayhem that's it. The other is a great new entry to the best film franchise ever created. Really not close.

Then again having to read about how Hateful Eight and Carol will duke it out for awards I feel like I'm living in an alternate reality. Those two movies SUCKED badly. Zero star fucking trash. Right there with The Danish Boy as I call it. And barely above that absolute F level shit is Room and Joy, not without merit but still awards bait bullshit. Let's discuss real movies that real people want to see like The Big Short that's a great movie not total bullcrap that struggles to make any money because even your average moviegoer isn't stupid enough to waste their money seeing it.

While the last few years have had some terrible movies, 2015 takes the cake. Almost every "awards film" is so insufferably awful that it would take an entire bottle of hard alcohol to make it through without wanting to kill yourself. How anyone can like that trash, I won't ever know. But it sure makes me feel good 99.9% of people will never have to suffer through it like I did.

59 minutes ago, John Marston said:

Lol at Concussion numbers. After Earth destroyed any goodwill Will Smith had 

This is what happens when you go up against a corporation that owns a day of the week.

7 minutes ago, JonathanLB said:

Hahaha the idea of Titanic, a cheesy chick flick with an awful story, being better than anything up there is laughable.

Well, all of them have pretty straightforward storylines. That tends to be pretty much a given for films that become uber blockbusters.

But I'm curious about you singling out its chick flick nature. From your phrasing, you seem to indicate that because it appealed to women, it's somehow worse of a film. And that's, well, a bit sexist, but also not logically sound.

• Like 1

No, I don't like films aimed at women. At all. I don't watch crap like 50 Shades of Grey or Magic Mike and I'm not interested in love stories. I don't mind a love story in the context of a bigger better film. Not at all! It can be great. But that means like Casablanca not a crappy movie like Titanic with piss poor dialogue, 2D stereotypical characters, and a "love story" where the two just met and where the epic event of the sinking of the Titanic isn't enough. No, we need a poorly told lust story complete with a "bad evil rich guy" to make it compelling. Frankly Cameron and his anti-conservative ideals can kiss my ass. I'm sick of his liberal Hollywood bullshit. Stick to what you're good at and make more Terminator movies or action films. His political ideas suck.

PS: Even my girlfriend hates Titanic. It's cheesy melodrama. Girls with good taste don't like that crap. They watch quality movies. Just like guys with good taste don't just like any stupid action film but enjoy something that at least has some style.

Edited by JonathanLB

7 minutes ago, JonathanLB said:

No, I don't like films aimed at women. At all. I don't watch crap like 50 Shades of Grey or Magic Mike and I'm not interested in love stories. I don't mind a love story in the context of a bigger better film. Not at all! It can be great. But that means like Casablanca not a crappy movie like Titanic with piss poor dialogue, 2D stereotypical characters, and a "love story" where the two just met and where the epic event of the sinking of the Titanic isn't enough. No, we need a poorly told lust story complete with a "bad evil rich guy" to make it compelling. Frankly Cameron and his anti-conservative ideals can kiss my ass. I'm sick of his liberal Hollywood bullshit. Stick to what you're good at and make more Terminator movies or action films. His political ideas suck.

PS: Even my girlfriend hates Titanic. It's cheesy melodrama. Girls with good taste don't like that crap. They watch quality movies. Just like guys with good taste don't just like any stupid action film but enjoy something that at least has some style.

752.gif

• Like 4

Girls with "good taste" don't watch movies like Titanic. It's so fitting that someone from Portland has this mindset. 

Hopefully Cameron listens to you and only makes manly action movies from here on out.

Edited by DealWithIt