WrathOfHan

Weekend Actuals (Page 93): TFA 42.35M | The Revenant 39.83M | Daddy's Home 15.02M | The Forest 12.74M | Sisters 7.19M

10 minutes ago, Mockingjay Raphael said:

The creepy score was easily the best thing in the first movie, that's why I don't understand why the hell they cut if from the sequel  

IIRC they whipped out the Boards of Canada song at least twice in the sequel.

Edited by Jack Nevada

Arguably the best/most memorable part of that entire awards season was when the nominations were announced and the entire press room screamed in horror when Jennifer Lawrence (lol to think there was actually a time not too long ago when she was just an ingénue with a bright future ahead of her) announced Extremely Loud & Incredibly Close as the last Best Picture nominee. The way it was set up with four slots on each side and one in the middle with the Oscar bumper with that movie filling that bumper slot was incredible, as if they set it up to yell "SURPRISE!" at the end on purpose.

Where is Thomas Horn these days anyway.

Edited by filmlover
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, terrestrial said:

Highlander... I :wub: that story idea

Haha, yes, I can totally see that. Albeit to me, as an old-time videogamer, it was more the equivalent of a beat-em-up videogame (which by no means is meant to belittle its story arc). Very fond memories of this one, though I found myself kinda bewildered upon the first sighting of the movie. Because to me it was cool, of epic greatness and World Wrestling Federation like silliness - all at the same time - which was a first for me back then. The latter instances of that franchise unfortunately failed to repeat that magic

• Like 1

1 minute ago, filmlover said:

Arguably the best/most memorable part of that entire awards season was when the nominations were announced and the entire press room screamed in horror when Jennifer Lawrence (lol to think there was actually a time not too long ago when she was just an ingénue with a bright future ahead of her) announced Extremely Loud & Incredibly Close as the last Best Picture nominee. The way it was set up with four slots on each side and one in the middle with the Oscar bumper with that movie filling that bumper slot was incredible, as if they set it up to yell "SURPRISE!" at the end on purpose.

How did that movie got in?!?!?!?!? I still ask that question to myself every day. 

1 minute ago, filmlover said:

How did that movie get in the nomination list? It is like voters didn't watch it but decided the pedigree was good enough.

• Like 3

46 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

2011 was a weak year for film, it's not a surprise The Artist won (haven't seen it).

I don't like The Artist, but it isn't my least favorite of the noms. I disliked Extremely Loud & Incredibly Close and The Help more. It one of the worst Best Picture lineups ever. 

Moneyball should have won since it is the best of the bunch. 

• Like 1

Just now, CJohn said:

How did that movie got in?!?!?!?!? I still ask that question to myself every day. 

Daldry + 9/11 = TOTAL Academy fodder, reviews be damned. I wouldn't be surprised if Bullock was tied with Shailene Woodley for sixth place in Supporting Actress, but she ultimately missed due to her minimal screen time and the fact her part wasn't really showy at all.

• Like 1

extremely loud and incredibly close was a strong argument for there being an age limit of at least 18 to acting in movies. if that means we gotta have grown-ass men playing ten year old boys i don't give a fuck just don't put me through that again.

• Like 2