WrathOfHan

Weekend Actuals (Page 93): TFA 42.35M | The Revenant 39.83M | Daddy's Home 15.02M | The Forest 12.74M | Sisters 7.19M

2 minutes ago, MrFanaticGuy34 said:

I know Avatar 2 will definately do that....... :lol:

I'm just refering to Non-James Cameron flicks.

Maybe Episode 9 then thinking about it more :lol:. Maybe by then after 3/4 Star Wars film released in China, it becomes much bigger over there. Especially with Rogue One this year having many Chinese actors in it.

Edited by MonstersandRoy
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, grey ghost said:

The way some people were talking (predicting sub-100 m) I was expecting the worst.

So I'd be more than happy with 135 m.

I'm happy with all above $83m (SPECTRE), especially since the exchange rate since theen dropped repeatedly

16 minutes ago, MrFanaticGuy34 said:

Damn....First Inside out, then Spectre...now this?.....

It's kinda suprising when overly praised films like IOSW: EP7 got lesser WOM in China....yet something as badly recieved like Transformers 4 got better WOM in China.

Maybe the chinese don't agree with what american audience thought about these movies....but what can you do?......China is China.

Transformers, Furious,... got introduced during a complete other situation. Now they have also a lot of local movies, some of them are really big blockbusters = when you go here watch your movies and let's say a new James Bind movie (in a way UK) gets released, you'll watch it. But will the GA watch a new installment, if they are no also getting other foreign movies and local movies?

Disney cast(ed?) local famous actors,... not for SW 7, but Rogue One.

I think SW 7 is meant to be a seed, to prepare the grounds for the new movies, gives room for creating the new stories,...

They also got FOX to co-sign a streaming contract with a Chinese company, all 6 movies get now streamed there...

Plus in summer the new Disneyland incl Star Wars area opens there. Long 7 far into the future reaching plans

So much Disney spin here. Highest Saturday-Sunday opening ever? It's the only film to have ever opened on Saturday!

: 'Star Wars' Beats 'The Revenant' in U.S., Storms China With Record $53M Debut

I think a lot of those articles are based on DLs early 'articles'

And it's kinda shocking that mega-blockbusters like JW & TA1 that opened over $200M OW......could not top Titanic's lifetime DOM-gross.

That movie opened to just $28M back in 1997.....and you 2 behemoths couldn't sink it's DOM gross?

Well, i guess James Cameron himself, played a huge factor for Titanic becoming the highest grossing film at the time.

27 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

$234-244m off a $52m non China O/S w/e?    It needs to hit $1B domestic, which I don't see happening (without a late re-expansion or re-release)  and do better in China than expected which doesn't look to be happening either.

It needs to hold better than JW and it can happen 

1 minute ago, tyrannyreborn said:

Guten Abend. :)

I was 35y+ back in Greece, I nearly forgot all, but I still can order some meals and drinks,... I love your language (But i am unfortunatedly not talaented for foreign languages) ;)

THE DANISH GIRL: $7M Overseas Total / $14.6M Global Total

SISTERS: $8.2M Overseas Total / $82.1M Global Total

BABYSITTING 2: $20.5M Overseas Total

SPANISH AFFAIRS 2: $36.5M Overseas Total

CRIMSON PEAK: $43.4M Overseas Total / $74.5M Global Total

THE GOOD DINOSAUR: $148.7M Overseas Total / $266.034M Global Total

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, The Panda said:

I think both The Revenant and TFA are going to increase.  Those are very conservative Sunday drops.

TFA is playing well with families, but with playoff football today I think both Sun drops are about right.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, FTF said:

TFA is playing well with families, but with playoff football today I think both Sun drops are about right.

I still think 44% is a little steep.  I think it'll be right at 40m with Actuals and TFA around 42-43m or so.

• Like 1

THE BIG SHORT: $9.7M Overseas Total / $52.5M Global Total

SPECTRE: $673.6M Overseas Total / $872.1M Global Total

HOTEL TRANSYLVANIA 2: $296.8M Overseas Total / $465.5M Global Total

The $1B dream isn't fully dead yet, here's why:

Before the week-end, TFA would end up with 1.04 B total domestic with ROTK legs. ROTK dropped 49,6% on its 4th week-end. Now, TFA dropped more, obviously, but not that much, and as long as it comes back next week-end, 1B is still possible.

Though it's like a 10% chance right now...

• Like 4