WrathOfHan

Weekend Actuals (Page 93): TFA 42.35M | The Revenant 39.83M | Daddy's Home 15.02M | The Forest 12.74M | Sisters 7.19M

Just came back from midnight screening and fans party in Beijing China 

Estimated number came in too:

Star Wars 7 opened with 17.8 million yuan (2.7 million US dollar ) for midnight shows naionwide.
It was the fouth highest midnight result just behind Furious 7 (7.95 million USD), Avengers 2 (4.51 million USD) and Transformers 4 (3.22 million USD) in China.

Saturday will witness more than 80,000 showings, the 3rd foreign films to have such wide release besides Furious 7 and Avengers 2. I will keep you updated.

6669783djw1ezsj42rnj7j20rs0kujw3.jpg

6669783djw1ezsj41lnm6j20rs0kuq7g.jpg

6669783djw1ezsj440i0zj20rs0ku78g.jpg

6669783djw1ezsj469betj20ku0rsgpi.jpg

6669783djw1ezsj4bs9j2j20rs0ku429.jpg

6669783djw1ezsj4a7jlqj20rs0kuady.jpg

• Like 7

I never understood the whole standing ovation or clapping at a movie.  I mean I guess I get if those who made the films are in the theater.  But if your at some theater in South Dakota it's like yeah projectionist. 

• Like 5

1 minute ago, DAR said:

I never understood the whole standing ovation or clapping at a movie.  I mean I guess I get if those who made the films are in the theater.  But if your at some theater in South Dakota it's like yeah projectionist. 

99% of the time, projectionists have nothing to do with the film once it's playing. they set it up at the beginning of the week, they turn the projectors on when they get to work in the morning, and that's it. So there's not even that. :) 

2 minutes ago, In the Heart of the Tree said:

99% of the time, projectionists have nothing to do with the film once it's playing. they set it up at the beginning of the week, they turn the projectors on when they get to work in the morning, and that's it. So there's not even that. :) 

Do you guys still play film, or has your theatre moved to digital?

8 minutes ago, Cmasterclay said:

Well, this is what happens when you have the greatest movie star of the generation in a well-marketed revenge thriller. 

And when you also add Leonardo Dicaprio to the mix, even better. 

Yeah, Domhnall Gleeson has really made a name for himself. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DAJK said:

Do you guys still play film, or has your theatre moved to digital?

Pretty much every cinema is digital, I don't personally know of any cinemas which have not made the move to digital - although there are still some which have film projectors that they can use from time to time.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, DAR said:

I have to admit, I have never been to a movie with a "standing ovation." That would be pretty freakin hilarious outside of a premiere. 

2 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

I have to admit, I have never been to a movie with a "standing ovation." That would be pretty freakin hilarious outside of a premiere. 

I remember when I first saw Titanic there was clapping and cheering when the title card appeared, before the movie even start

• Like 1

The Revenant is just 1% behind Star Wars... We could be in for a 50m weekend for both

MovieTickets

1.Star Wars - 34%

2.The Revenant - 33%

3.The Big Short - 4%

4.Daddy's Home - 4%

5.The Forest - 3%

Edited by The Panda
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, In the Heart of the Tree said:

Pretty much every cinema is digital, I don't personally know of any cinemas which have not made the move to digital - although there are still some which have film projectors that they can use from time to time.

Okay haha same (I feel stupid for asking).

Although I will admit, the big computer screen on the projectors is kinda intimidating, especially when I'm told to manually start a movie and "don't mess it up. Good luck."

Just now, The Panda said:

The Revenant is just 1% behind Star Wars... We could be in for a 50m weekend for both

1.Star Wars - 34%

2.The Revenant - 33%

3.The Big Short - 4%

4.Daddy's Home - 4%

5.The Forest - 3%

Really doubt that. New releases are always more inflated than holdovers on MT. It would need to be well above TFA on MT to pull TFA numbers this wekeend.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Damianport1 said:

Revenant's screener leaked couple weeks ago and still is looking for strong OW. good

Wonder what WOM will be on cinemascore. Predictions? A-, B+?

Cinemascore doesn't matter, especially for Leo Oscar movies

Wolf of Wall Street had a C+ cinemascore and had excellent legs.  The Revenant's legs will be decent to good, because Oscar nominations.