CJohn

THE GOLDEN GLOBES 2016 | Discuss It Live Here!

7 minutes ago, TMP said:

Room was amazing

Disagree thought Brie Larson was miscast. Her son was the best part about it and out acted her by a mile.

She was great before they escaped but after tonally it was all over the place. It turned into a big budget TV Movie. Like that super awkward scene with William H Macy.

Think an actress like Rooney Mara would have nailed the role a lot stronger.

I thought it was good but not great. 

Edited by somebody85

I cannot bring myself to watch the Critics Choice Awards anymore. The shows themselves are just unwatchable and sloppily produced now, and the after-the-fact inclusion of Star Wars in their Best Picture line-up just goes to show what a shameless joke organization they are.

5 minutes ago, Telemachos said:

Nah, most genre pictures actually have a lot more to say. They just don't have the top-flight technical stuff that REVENANT had.

I honestly think that if the director of Revenant was random good director McGee (Ron Howard, for example) instead of Innaritu people would not be trying to turn it into this huge referendum on the meaning of life and movies. Honestly, I thought that stuff was barely in the movie. If Innaritu wasn't the director, I probably wouldn't even have thought of it. I just thought it was a survival movie about overcoming your past and becoming reborn. Not really deep, but I don't think it aspired to do much more.