Impact

Best Picture predictions-2016!

16 hours ago, CoolioD1 said:

the last time a movie that won the PGA and DGA (which c'mon chazelle will win) didn't go on to win best picture was Apollo 13.

the last time a film w/out a SAG ensemble nomination won best picture was Braveheart.

what i'm saying is. chazelle better watch out...

mel_gibson_102216_hacksaw_ridge_3c.jpg?i

Technically Gravity was the last film to win the PGA and DGA and not win BP. 

Yep, very happy that a populist hit (HF) won. if indies want to win, they should go over to Indie Spirit. It isn't like they don't have a prestige award that excludes other movies. They are not underdogs that some makes them out to be. 

Edited by Valonqar

20 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

Yep, very happy that a populist hit (HF) won. if indies want to win, they should go over to Indie Spirit. It isn't like they don't have a prestige award that excludes other movies. They are not underdogs that some makes them out to be. 

giphy.gif

• Like 6

9 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Please Jake, like he knows who any of these people are. Except Ali because a nothing role in The Hunger Games movies makes someone an A-lister, I guess.

Queen Naomi was in POTC:DMC and AWE, and Spectre and Skyfall  so certified A-list. Ali was in Mockingjay so certified A list. No clue who old white dudes are. 

Edited by Valonqar
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, CoolioD1 said:

He's not trying to save jazz, Jesus. I wanna get into people's brains to see just HOW they can interpret films the way they do just to fit their own outrage narrative.

SCREAMING at you all taking me seriously.

j0cp9ZA.gif

Was the "qwhite" not a giveaway?

nnPezRf.gif

You are all tragic.

D5cSBAV.gif

I cannot at some of you all being pressed and shook over my extra ass "outrage."

iTUmQfl.gif

I haven't even seen La La Land. You all should know I rarely speak on a film if I have yet to see the movie.

BJoKYio.gif

I love having whites shook.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Valonqar said:

Queen Naomi was in POTC:DMC and AWE, and Spectre and Skyfall  so certified A-list. Ali was in Mockingjay so certified A list. No clue who old white dudes are. 

Vince Vaughn was in The Lost World: Jurassic Park so certified A-list as of 20 years ago by your standards

Edited by department store basement
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, department store basement said:

Vince Vaughn was in The Lost World: Jurassic Park so certified A-list as of 20 years ago by your standards

I guess all the extras who played Orcs in LOTR are a listers also!

• Like 2

Was thinking of the screenplay categories earlier.
For original-I believe Manchester will win this. Though I could see La La Land winning-though its a tough road given that Gigi is the only musical to ever win this as said before. (For some reason I was thinking it wasn't nominated earlier, got it confused with the acting cats that it wasn't nominated for). I could see Hell over High Water winning, though that is unlikely.
Adapted-I believe Moonlight is the frontrunner, however I wouldn't count out Fences or Hidden Figures on winning this. Part of me could see HF winning this just so it wont go home empty handed.

it's true i've said it multiple times in this thread but the people discounting la la land in that category are nuts. the script is actually a pretty typical winner there i wouldn't count it out because of like, five scenes where people sing. not comparable to Oliver or sound of music or chicago or whatever their basis is at all.

• Like 3

Which one of these next to impossible scenarios do you think is most likely to happen:

La La Land takes home all 14 nominations-yes it even ties in best song!

La La Land loses every nomination!

Lion does a Mutiny on the Bounty and wins picture (and nothing else!) (Well hey Spotlight almost did that)

A tie happens for best picture!

35 minutes ago, Impact said:

Which one of these next to impossible scenarios do you think is most likely to happen:

La La Land takes home all 14 nominations-yes it even ties in best song!

La La Land loses every nomination!

Lion does a Mutiny on the Bounty and wins picture (and nothing else!) (Well hey Spotlight almost did that)

A tie happens for best picture!

LLL having a tie for Song to break the all-time record would be fucking hilarious.