Impact

Best Picture predictions-2016!

1 hour ago, filmlover said:

I don't know, I'm looking more at the trend of the Academy's habit of not skewing that young in the male categories. I very much doubt we're going to end up with three under-30 actors (Hedges, Johnson, Patel) in one category and Hedges is the one who appears most vulnerable.

This - although I would be pleasantly surprised either way.

That being said - if Grant does get in I am not unhappy he was the best part Florence Foster Jenkins and it would be a deserving nomination.

You know-maybe for predicting this year I'll just click on random titles for all the categories! :P
(I was bored one night last year and predicted the winners by going "eenie meenie miney moe" not sure how many I got right though!)

From the Oscar prediction game:

Current nomination prediction count:

12: La La Land

8: Arrival (+1 alt)

7: Hacksaw Ridge, Hidden Figures (+1 alt) and Manchester by the Sea

6: Lion (+2 alt) and Moonlight (+1 alt)
4: Fences, Hell or High Water

3: Silence

2: Captain Fantastic, Deepwater Horizon (+1 alt), Doctor Strange, Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them, Jackie (+1 alt), Moana, Nocturnal Animals (+1 alt), Patriot's Day (+1 alt), Rogue One: A Star Wars Story (+1 alt) and Sully (+1 alt)

1: Deadpool, Elle, Finding Dory, Hail, Caesar! (+1 alt), The Lobster, The Jungle Book, Kubo and the Two Strings, Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children, The Red Turtle, Sing Street, Star Trek Beyond, Suicide Squad, Trolls and Zootopia (+2 alt)

Alt only: The BFG, The Dressmaker, Florence Foster Jenkins (2 alt) and The Secret Life of Pets

Okay I'm surprised I put Hidden Figures on that many. (Oh what the heck, might as well as put 2 supporting actress nominations for it, supporting actor, editing and director for the heck of it! I mean it could happen! Well it could-not predicting that at all!)

There are several I am still questionable about though.

I still think we're getting 8 noms. Debating whether to leave off Fences or Hacksaw or even Hidden Figures or Arrival. I think Manchester, Moonlight, LLL, and Lion are all locks, and Hell or High Water is pretty safe. I'd put Arrival at the next safest, then Hidden Figures, with Fences and Hacksaw battling for the final slot. IDK, outside of the Mel obsessed Globes, Hacksaw hasn't really done amazing or anything. 

11 hours ago, Cmasterclay said:

I still think we're getting 8 noms. Debating whether to leave off Fences or Hacksaw or even Hidden Figures or Arrival. I think Manchester, Moonlight, LLL, and Lion are all locks, and Hell or High Water is pretty safe. I'd put Arrival at the next safest, then Hidden Figures, with Fences and Hacksaw battling for the final slot. IDK, outside of the Mel obsessed Globes, Hacksaw hasn't really done amazing or anything. 

I feel like Hacksaw Ridge could go either way. Wouldn't be surprised if it ends up shut out aside from Garfield and a tech nom or two.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

by that same token could definitely see fences getting only denzel and viola and nothing else.

That's what I've been thinking for a bit. BAFTA wasn't hot on it, and it just doesn't seem like something non-acting branches would put in BP.

7 hours ago, Impact said:

Really am not interested in any of the contenders this year-though I do kind of want to see Hacksaw and Hell over High Water.

Same. The only reason I'm gonna check out BP list is to see whether Deadpool made it (fingers crossed!) cause more and more Oscar bloggers are shaking in their boots :rofl:that the nom may actually happen after PGA/DGA/WGA trifecta. Bring it!

Edited by Valonqar

All this Deadpool talk is the only thing that has zero interest for me. It is the same as two years ago when some here where trying to convince that Lego Movie had a real chance to be nommed as BP.

Last year TFA trully was in the conversation, it was at the peak of its popularity, it was more AMPAS friendly... And it still failed to reach a nom.

Can anyone give me the name of just ONE movie similar to Deadpool with a BP nom?

• Like 3

3 hours ago, stripe said:

All this Deadpool talk is the only thing that has zero interest for me. It is the same as two years ago when some here where trying to convince that Lego Movie had a real chance to be nommed as BP.

Last year TFA trully was in the conversation, it was at the peak of its popularity, it was more AMPAS friendly... And it still failed to reach a nom.

Can anyone give me the name of just ONE movie similar to Deadpool with a BP nom?

District 9 got in with only PGA out of the major guilds, though this was during the 10 nominees period.