efialtes76

Weekend revised estimates and 4 days totals pg 43 4 day est: RA2: 41.6: The Rev: 39.0... SW7: 32.5

10 minutes ago, Fake said:

FRI: 6.4

SAT: 11.2 (+75%)

SUN: 7.9 (-30%)

MON: 5.5 (-30%)

31M 4-Day. I wonder what kind of multiplier DL is using........

They probably went for a 20% sunday drop, and then a 25% monday drop.

SUN: 9

MON: 6.5

33M 4-day

Edited by Daxtreme

If the projections hold up (and who knows if they actually will, I don't trust Deadline), but if they are correct, that's a terrific second weekend for The Revenant. Only a 22% drop for the 3-day, and a mere 8% drop for the 4-day. That's a remarkable hold, especially since it had opened to nearly $40 million to begin with. We'll see if this actually comes to fruition or if it's lower with the real estimates & actuals.

Peace,

Mike

• Like 1

RIDE ALONG 2 (Using RA1 drops)

Fri: 11.8

Sat: 13.6 (+16%)

Sun: 8.5 (-38%)

Mon: 5.8 (-32%)

3-Day: 33.9

4-Day: 39.7

STAR WARS. THE FORCE AWAKENS

Fri: 6.4

Sat: 11.5 (+80%)

Sun: 8.6 (-26%)

Mon: 6.5 (-25%)

3-Day: 26.5

4-Day: 33.0

REVENANT (Using Lone Survivor as pattern)

Fri: 9.3

Sat: 14.3 (+54%)

Sun: 7.2 (-50%)

Mon: 5.4 (-25%)

3-Day: 30.8

4-Day: 36.2

Edited by picores

Only 33 million for the 4 day weekend?

I was hoping for like 40 million for the 4 day weekend. I guess that will not be happening, then?

::SIGH::

What happened to those 30% drops everyone was saying this film would have?

Edited by RogueLeader

7 minutes ago, RogueLeader said:

So does TFA have ANY chance of being #1 this weekend?

Seems like a REAL long shot.

Well, not really, although if it jumps by like 100%+ again Saturday, for 12.8+ total, and then drops only 20-25% on both sunday and monday, that would mean a ~37-38M 4-day week-end. Still not enough for #1

Unless, that is, if Ride Along 2 drops a lot more than expected, and The Revenant starts dropping a lot too, which is highly unlikely.

0.1% chance of happening I would say.

Edited by Daxtreme
typo
  • Like 1

Wow! 6.4 would be fantastic. I agree anything 6+ is great. I don't care if Revenant killed TFA Friday - good for it! Great. I'm just happy about TFA :D

Also above, why did you write 5.5 Monday? Why would a day off be less than Friday? Probably it won't be. It may be flat. Not everyone has it off but many do..

1 hour ago, Daniel Dylan Davis said:

I know. NOTN doesn't deserve a penny for trying to appeal to lowest common denominator possible. Just awful.

Thankfully kids are mostly ignoring it.

One of my Facebook friends took their kids and said it was the worst movie they had ever seen. Said it couldn't even keep their kids attention. At least it stopped some other parents from taking their kids. They chose Alvin instead which I guess is the lesser of two evils. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Fake said:

FRI: 6.4

SAT: 11.2 (+75%)

SUN: 7.9 (-30%)

MON: 5.5 (-30%)

31M 4-Day. I wonder what kind of multiplier DL is using........

your sunday drop is too hard. Sunday will play more like a saturday(slightly down because church and some people are not off Mon) because most people are off the next day. A 15% drop Sat to sun is feasible IMO.

Edited by tokila
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Rman823 said:

One of my Facebook friends took their kids and said it was the worst movie they had ever seen. Said it couldn't even keep their kids attention. At least it stopped some other parents from taking their kids. They chose Alvin instead which I guess is the lesser of two evils. 

Ha-ha!

I guess they made the right choice. At least TRC doesn't look like absolutely complete shit.

• Like 1