efialtes76

Weekend revised estimates and 4 days totals pg 43 4 day est: RA2: 41.6: The Rev: 39.0... SW7: 32.5

4 minutes ago, GiantCALBears said:

RA2 maybe? Sisters very doubtful? What is being released between now & then that has a shot?

Sisters won't do it. RA2 might get pushed into the 100M.

Kung Fu Panda 3 seems like a sure bet. Same with Zootopolis. Deadpool, Allegiant and I guess Zoolander 2 are the only two that might make it as well.

1 minute ago, CJohn said:

Sisters won't do it. RA2 might get pushed into the 100M.

Kung Fu Panda 3 seems like a sure bet. Same with Zootopolis. Deadpool, Allegiant and I guess Zoolander 2 are the only two that might make it as well.

So we got TFA, The Revenant, Daddy's Home as locks to still be in & over $100m. RA2 maybe but doubtful. Remember how I'm framing this though @CJohn what will be at $100m by the time BvS opens? Upcoming releases KFP3, 50 Shades sequel, Deadpool seem like good bets. Anything else may not have enough time to get there.

Just now, GiantCALBears said:

So we got TFA, The Revenant, Daddy's Home as locks to still be in & over $100m. RA2 maybe but doubtful. Remember how I'm framing this though @CJohn what will be at $100m by the time BvS opens? Upcoming releases KFP3, 50 Shades sequel, Deadpool seem like good bets. Anything else may not have enough time to get there.

There is no 50 Shades sequel coming out :ph34r: That is next year.

This year we get Fifty Shades of Black, a parody by Marlon Wayans :lol:

Unless Zootropolis flops it will be over 100M as well by the time BvS opens.

1 minute ago, CJohn said:

There is no 50 Shades sequel coming out :ph34r: That is next year.

This year we get Fifty Shades of Black, a parody by Marlon Wayans :lol:

Unless Zootropolis flops it will be over 100M as well by the time BvS opens.

Oh whoops hahaha my bad. So the list is very likely to be TFA, The Revenant, Daddy's Home, KFP3, Deadpool, & Zootopia w/ a maybe/doubtful on RA2. That it?

• Like 1

Norm. Of. The. Noth.

I may just write a review in the review thread just because I am probably the only person on this forum who will ever see that movie.

My review summed up: What did I just watch?

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, GiantCALBears said:

Oh whoops hahaha my bad. So the list is very likely to be TFA, The Revenant, Daddy's Home, KFP3, Deadpool, & Zootopia w/ a maybe/doubtful on RA2. That it?

Is there no chance of Zoolander 2 pulling an Anchorman 2 ? 

8 hours ago, MasterofGrond said:

Following TFA has been super interesting but I'm ready for it to be out of theaters.

Can't handle the constant back and forth dick measuring anymore.

While I don't agree in the sense of wanting to see TFA many more times in theaters, I agree fully from a forum perspective.

Sometimes it's weird because I feel like fans of other movies or whatnot want me to feel not as good about TFA's run and that's odd to me. I mean as a Star Wars fan I just feel stoked that it vastly exceeded my expectations in America and has done I think quite well worldwide with a #1 also from the UK. I think it's all pretty awesome!

Sometimes I feel like a simple fact keeps getting left out of the discussion: Have your "win," worldwide, Avatar. This is the SEVENTH Star Wars movie. I mean let that sink in here. Star Wars is the granddaddy of all blockbusters and I don't think even the stupidest troll would argue Avatar had 1/10 of the cultural impact that ANH did in 1977. And here's the franchise's 7th movie blowing away records. For it to be even in a discussion of the biggest couple of movies of all time is truly amazing and a testament to the power of the franchise.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Rman823 said:

There's no way it touches Anchorman 2's gross. Zoolander 2 will likely do $70-80M total, which would be an even bigger increase in gross percentage wise than the Anchorman films (and would be pretty good for a sequel that's at least a decade too late).

2 hours ago, DAJK said:

Norm. Of. The. Noth.

I may just write a review in the review thread just because I am probably the only person on this forum who will ever see that movie.

I agree with that review

• Like 1

2 hours ago, La Binoche said:

The Revenant reminded me of Dances With Wolves and Apocalypto and The Last of the Mohicans (all movies I loved). Not quite as good as those, but still... 

Loved it,  but the ending was a huge turn off.  Still it was one hell of a ride getting to it. Lol fa gets kicked out by it 4th weekend.  Avatar keeps records for weekends 4-7. ?. Titanic claims the rest of the weekend records. Reverant and ride along ko this horrible copy of anh this weekend.  Nice. 

2 hours ago, Rman823 said:

24 minutes ago, filmlover said:

There's no way it touches Anchorman 2's gross. Zoolander 2 will likely do $70-80M total, which would be an even bigger increase in gross percentage wise than the Anchorman films (and would be pretty good for a sequel that's at least a decade too late).

20 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

Zoolander 2 will gross more than Deadpool DOM. An AM2 total seems very likely. 

I'm glad we have a consensus agreement.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, JonathanLB said:

While I don't agree in the sense of wanting to see TFA many more times in theaters, I agree fully from a forum perspective.

Sometimes it's weird because I feel like fans of other movies or whatnot want me to feel not as good about TFA's run and that's odd to me. I mean as a Star Wars fan I just feel stoked that it vastly exceeded my expectations in America and has done I think quite well worldwide with a #1 also from the UK. I think it's all pretty awesome!

Sometimes I feel like a simple fact keeps getting left out of the discussion: Have your "win," worldwide, Avatar. This is the SEVENTH Star Wars movie. I mean let that sink in here. Star Wars is the granddaddy of all blockbusters and I don't think even the stupidest troll would argue Avatar had 1/10 of the cultural impact that ANH did in 1977. And here's the franchise's 7th movie blowing away records. For it to be even in a discussion of the biggest couple of movies of all time is truly amazing and a testament to the power of the franchise.

Actually it did.  Affected the entire market for 3d. The first film had thousands on sucide watches.  Only the first movie but Avatar is getting amusement parks by Disney and Fox.  Communities speaking the language created for them movie. New breakthroughs in sound and vusuals that go way beyond what anh did.  When one movie achieves so much that it dwarfs a franchise that's had 40 yrs on it. I think anyone of sound mind knows Avatar is doing things sws couldn't dream off.  Let's see after 4 films where Avatar is vs starwars. Avatar affected the world,  sws mostly domestic.  Big difference lol. 

4 hours ago, DAJK said:

Norm. Of. The. Noth.

The AVClub review got me interested in it, but feel free to write a recap for me; I'd love that

• Like 1

Hahahahaha this Kal dude cannot possibly be for real is he? I mean dude there are like 12 Avatar fans in the entire world I'm sorry. Let me know when your franchise is drawing 50,000 people for each Celebration held every couple of years.

James Cameron didn't invent 3D either. Avatar pushed 3D forward for sure, but quick show of hands here who besides me even likes 3D? I enjoy it but most everyone I meet or talk to could live without and doesn't think it's worth the money. 

If you seriously think Avatar compares to the impact of Star Wars you really need mental help. That's just delusional. 

• Like 1