efialtes76

Weekend revised estimates and 4 days totals pg 43 4 day est: RA2: 41.6: The Rev: 39.0... SW7: 32.5

Finally watched TFA, a pretty good sci-fi adventure movie for sure. As someone who didn't grow up with Star Wars dominating pop culture, all the nostalgia bits meant to evoke applause like the Falcon (I didn't even realize it was the Falcon till the moment when Finn sits at the laser cannons), Han and Chewy and probably a million other things I missed kind of fell flat. Daisy Ridley and Adam Driver were really good, BB-8 comes way too close to overexposure and Boyega is serviceable. The ending fight felt really off for some reason

Spoiler

Rey downright owning Kylo Ren felt wrong. I thought they would fight to a stalemate or something so their next fight 2 movies down the line would show how far Rey has come

The 3D was good, but the movie didn't utilize the entire IMAX screen apart from 10 minutes in the middle which was somewhat disappointing.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, grim22 said:

Finally watched TFA, a pretty good sci-fi adventure movie for sure. As someone who didn't grow up with Star Wars dominating pop culture, all the nostalgia bits meant to evoke applause like the Falcon (I didn't even realize it was the Falcon till the moment when Finn sits at the laser cannons), Han and Chewy and probably a million other things I missed kind of fell flat. Daisy Ridley and Adam Driver were really good, BB-8 comes way too close to overexposure and Boyega is serviceable. The ending fight felt really off for some reason

Reveal hidden contents

The 3D was good, but the movie didn't utilize the entire IMAX screen apart from 10 minutes in the middle which was somewhat disappointing.

Had many of the same questions as you after 1st viewing. Repeat viewings answer a lot of questions but create new ones. Many little details and nuance especially from Han and Rey. Intriguing.

23 minutes ago, Ozymandias said:

So 96m admissions?  Curious what his breakdown is.

He is obviously just using BOMs average per ticket multiplier.

They just write the shit, they don't do breakdowns

Edited by No Prisoners

39 minutes ago, No Prisoners said:

Gitesh has been an BO analyst for almost 2 decades. BOguru has been up since 1997, so it's not hard to believe that he tracked admissions for Titanic during it's initial run. 

• Like 2

Next weekend looks like The Revenant crawling to number one. Ride Along 2 is going to take a larger drop. Star Wars should hold up solid until Deadpool. Dirty Grandpa will lead the releases below 10 million. The 6th Wave is going to flop.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, No Prisoners said:

Guru knows his shit.  He doesn't make stuff up.  He's an analyst.  Why does it matter who sold more tickets?  It's a different era than it was 18 years ago.

• Like 5

37 minutes ago, Maxmoser3 said:

Next weekend looks like The Revenant crawling to number one. Ride Along 2 is going to take a larger drop. Star Wars should hold up solid until Deadpool. Dirty Grandpa will lead the releases below 10 million. The 6th Wave is going to flop.

Yeah, Revenant's winning this weekend.

29 minutes ago, Baumer said:

Guru knows his shit.  He doesn't make stuff up.  He's an analyst.  Why does it matter who sold more tickets?  It's a different era than it was 18 years ago.

If he knows his shit he should have said 33% less tickets that's a lot closer. It matters the same as BO  or adjusted BO and adjustments can be made for eras. 

1 minute ago, No Prisoners said:

If he knows his shit he should have said 33% less tickets that's a lot closer. It matters the same as BO  or adjusted BO and adjustments can be made for eras. 

He knows his shit.

End of story.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JonathanLB said:

Going for TFA #18 tonight. Tomorrow will be 19 with my sister and her boyfriend - his first time. :D

And I thought I was a loon for seeing each film of the Spider-Man trilogy 9 times. :worthy:

• Like 2