efialtes76

Weekend revised estimates and 4 days totals pg 43 4 day est: RA2: 41.6: The Rev: 39.0... SW7: 32.5

The Hateful Eight won't even make $60M in total. I wonder if they would've been better off debuting it on the weekend In the Heart of the Sea bombed wide off the bat instead of sandwiching it between Star Wars and The Revenant where it easily got overshadowed.

18 minutes ago, shruth said:

I actually think that The Revenent can beat Ride Along 2 In the 4-day weekend. Ride Along's WOM is poison while Recent will have great holds with Oscar noms.

Proof that Ride Along 2 has toxic wom

1 hour ago, Baumer said:

@SWXII

If the formula was that easy don't you think that studios would have been making tons of these movies by now. There's a reason why films like that are not made that often and that's because most people probably couldn't give a s*** about them. But when you put a guy like Leonardo DiCaprio in the movie everybody wants to go see it.

That is my point, that this movie was anything but easy. And I am praising Leo for the sacrifice he made. He certainly deserves the Oscar. Most Hollywood so-called "A-listers" would never want to work that hard. There is a profoundly underserved market for films of this magnitude. It is getting people skilled enough and willing enough to make them that makes them rare. That can change in my opinion.

1 minute ago, kayumanggi said:

I somewhat find that disappointing. Not that THIS film has to make a lot of money, but that now, Michael Bay and studios will think that only his godawful, big, stupid 'xplosion movies will make money, and he will just keep making those. 

39 minutes ago, kayumanggi said:

lmao at NOTN's RT consensus: A pioneering feat in the field of twerking polar bear animation but blearily retrograde in every other respect, Norm of the North should only be screened in case of parental emergency.

:lol:  The person who writes the RT consensus should retire from the job because this will never be topped.

• Like 2