4 hours ago, Taylor said:

Insidious: Chapter 4 has been dated for October 20, 2014.

http://deadline.com/2016/05/insidious-chapter-4-release-date-2017-blumhouse-1201757383/

The Taking of Deborah Logan was great, so curious to see what that director does here.

Not another one. Seriously let it die. 2 was not good and then 3 was even worse.

Why can't they leave it alone? The original was enough.

I gave The Witch another shot. This time with subtitles on and still really disliked it. Didn't find it frightening at all. And I love psychological horror.

Since there is no thread for it in TV Shows, the best moments of horror this year for me actually came from Bates Motel. It was fucking phenomenal this season. Just look at AV Clubs reviews if you want proof. The slow burn that the past 3 seasons built up really paid off. The acting is so good on this show that I hope it's not overlooked at the Emmys this year.

Without spoiling it, there is a scene in the finale that is ingrained in my brain since seeing it. It's not a jump scare or a loud noise. Just an image that the camera keeps going back too even though you want it to pull away. The implications of the scene are what makes it so frightening and tragic. True psychological horror. It's made all the better since the show earned it.

There's also an episode earlier in the season that is one of the most tense things I've seen in anything horror related in a long time. Freddie Highmore becomes disturbing to watch.

It takes awhile for Norman Bates to become that Norman Bates but once he does, there is no turning back.

Any horror fans who have not caught this show, I highly recommend it. It doesn't return again until next year for one final season so you could binge all 40 episodes. Just know it starts off sort of slow but definitely picks up and gets very unsettling.

Edited by somebody85

I'm gonna disagree about how good Green Room is. I fuckin hated it, there wasn't any characters to give a shit about. There was blood but nothing to spit out. Despite the slow start there wasn't really

anything to go home about just people getting killed and that's it. Just overall boring film I didn't get into, you guys like it cool but to me I didn't. On my list of my least favorite films of 2016 so far.

Edited by Maxmoser3

8 hours ago, Krissykins said:

Blumhouse got the rights to Halloween and John Carpenter is producing the new film.

Very exciting. 

Hopefully Blumhouse can start that slasher come back we were talking about. 

Cool news.

57 minutes ago, Cochofles said:

Is the new Halloween going to be a full-on retelling/remake with the same characters (Laurie, Loomis) or more along the lines of the new Ghostbusters?

I'm kind of hoping for more a sequel to Season of the Witch.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, The Stingray said:

Season of the Witch is awesome. I wish more horror sequels were willing to be as different as it is.

Season Of The Witch is criminally underrated, it has balls for a horror film of its time wouldn't do or even today would not do. 

• Like 1