Mockingjay Raphael

Weekend Numbers: 1) Revenant 16.0 | 2) Star Wars 14.25 | 3) Ride Along 2 12.96 pg 49

6 minutes ago, Impact said:

When 3 new releases come out and the highest one on RT does not even have a 20%-that should tell you something.

That people really don't listen and will spend $30m+ over three days to watch them anyway? 

I saw Fifth Wave's trailer a few times-and each time it looked worse. I have not seen trailers for the other 2 films.

I've seen The Finest Hours trailer the most for any of the January releases-it was at about every single PG-13 film I saw from August to November.

Just now, Krissykins said:

Are people still surprised that a supernatural pg13 horror film in January opens over $10m? This has happened SEVENTEEN times since 2002 people. 

Not included R rated films. 

I guess so!

(Though I thought the Forest would do that-even though someone at Mockingjay said "that film will bomb!" I was then thinking "they probably have no clue what a bomb means, unless if that film costs 50 million somehow...")

5 hours ago, grim22 said:

Its kind of weird, but Moretz seems like she should be a much bigger deal than she is, she gets a lot of press coverage and gets cast in high profile parts all the time but hasn't had that big box office breakthrough yet.

Her career is strange. She's being marketed like a teen star but her fanbase aren't really teens. Look at imdb and you'll see what im talking about. 

27 minutes ago, La Binoche said:

This article looks to be a cobble of at least 2 articles - with different numbers.

Leonardo DiCaprio’s “The Revenant” has the early edge on cop comedy “Ride Along 2” for the top spot at the U.S. box office with as much as $18 million this weekend, early estimates showed.

Early estimates showed that “The Revenant” could lead with less than $16 million and “Ride Along 2” could come in under $15 million.

Just now, TalismanRing said:

This article looks to be a cobble of at least 2 articles - with different numbers.

At the Variety offices: "We don't have a weekend box office article yet. I know you are in Sundance and have no access to numbers but write something and publish it NOW."

• Like 3

1 minute ago, grim22 said:

At the Variety offices: "We don't have a weekend box office article yet. I know you are in Sundance and have no access to numbers but write something and publish it NOW."

They must be desperate to get numbers out!

Oh, The Finest Hours still hasn't opened? Hopefully I get the trailer ONE more time. *fingers crossed*

This is actually a good weekend for the storm to happen with the new crap out (plus da football). The NYC area shall be a mess tomorrow. Therefore, I shall see Anomalisa TONIGHT.

7 minutes ago, Frozen said:

How much should the Boy make on a $6 million Friday?

And it still hasn't appeared on MT.com, even the other two have been trending for days.

I remember early numbers saying Paranormal Activity: Ghost Dimension was gonna do 8M on Friday and we all know how that ended.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Mockingjay Raphael said:

http://deadline.com/2016/01/box-office-thursday-late-night-dirty-grandpa-the-fifth-wave-1201688128/

The 5th Wave, the Chloe Grace Moretz vehicle based on a YA novel, took in $475K from 2,297 locations in early shows this weekend, playing strongly to a teenage girl audience. This weekend is will be a fairly blah weekend and could get even dimmer as the East Coast braces for one of the worst storms of the season which will impact moviegoing. This is the time of year that the box office reporters and distribution executives also become weathermen. Even Sony noted this morning, “weather permitting” they are looking at an $8M weekend. 

I bet this doesn't even hit 5M this weekend.

5 hours ago, Mockingjay Raphael said:

I wonder if the director of The Boy will be able to receive another F in CinemaScore just like he received with Devil Inside 

I watched that movie on OW. Never before have I seen a horror film get that much hate so quickly. Its (lack of) legs are hilarious.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TalismanRing said:

There's no way Ride Along 2 falls less than 50%.  I'd bet my nuts on that.  I's a sequel for one, and it's a sequel with a predominantly black audience, which always falls significantly in its second weekend.  15 million I can buy.  18 million?  Yea, okay.