Mockingjay Raphael

Weekend Numbers: 1) Revenant 16.0 | 2) Star Wars 14.25 | 3) Ride Along 2 12.96 pg 49

1 hour ago, Daxtreme said:

Well, because of that lackluster week-end, TFA is now 2M behind on my model which puts it at 900M on Feb 1st/2nd. 

There is still hope though, next week-end might see a better-than-average hold. We'll wait and stay cautiously optimistic!

Can you re-post your model with the days/grosses, etc... please :)

• Like 2

1 minute ago, ArmGunar said:

Can you re-post your model with the days/grosses, etc... please :)

Sure, here it is:

Alright guys,

My prediction for the rest of the month:

This week: 3 + 3 + 3 + 3 = 12 M --> Total = 824 M
MLK week-end: 27.3 M (35% drop) --> Total = 851 M
Next week: 6 + 2 + 2 + 2 = 12 M --> Total = 863 M
Jan 22-24 Week-end: 16.5 M (40% drop) --> Total = 880 M 
Jan 25-28 Week: 1.5 + 2 + 2 + 2 = 7.5 M --> Total = 888 M
Jan 29-31 Week-end: 10 M (40% drop) --> Total = 898 M

It crosses 900M on February 1st, or 2nd at the latest.

From Feb 1st/2nd and forward, the movie should gross an additional ~50-60M until the end of its run, for a total of 950-960 M. In my opinion.

link

1.5 + 2 + 2 + 2 is wrong, it should be 1.5 + 2 + 1.5 + 1.5, I had a slight brain malfunctions there.

Before the week-end, TFA was 2M ahead of my model. But with that terrible week-end, it dropped to 1M behind my week-end, and a further 1M will be lost because of my weird week predictions.

Keep in mind that those have been approximated from January 12th.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Baumer said:

1 billion is dead for the first run.  Hoping it has enough now for 925.

I don't think it'll have a problem crossing 925.  TFA is going to do ridiculous business in discount and dollar theaters.  I'm just hoping it has enough for 950.  I'll be pissed if it finishes at 948.6

DADDY'S HOME: $59.3M Overseas Total / $198M Global Total

THE BIG SHORT: $30.7M Overseas Total / $87.4M Global Total

BestPicture nod can mean extra revenue. But it also leads to added expenses to just keep up w/ the whole awards circus.

Edited by terrestrial

Guys can you please name these weird movies you are talking about? They are making me curious. Killer tires XD !  And a corpse with an erection? Some kind of necrophiliac disturbing film? But no farting's there too :wacko: Oh also - Radcliffe stars in it :mellow::wtf: 

2 minutes ago, Infernus said:

Guys can you please name these weird movies you are talking about? They are making me curious. Killer tires XD !  And a corpse with an erection? Some kind of necrophiliac disturbing film? But no farting's there too :wacko: Oh also - Radcliffe stars in it :mellow::wtf: 

http://www.mtv.com/news/2731813/daniel-radcliffe-swiss-army-man-fart-joke/

“Swiss Army Man” is currently the talk of the Sundance Film Festival. Since its premiere on Friday (Jan. 22), you can’t go anywhere on Main Street without a reporter eagerly leaning over and wryly asking, “So, how about ’Swiss Army Man?'” I think they do this partly because they want to talk about Dano riding DanRad’s farting corpse like a jet ski (who wouldn’t, really?) but also because “Swiss Army Man” is one of those films that make filmmakers, and people who write about film, giddy.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Infernus said:

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, Total Treecall said:

Snow? Is weather that much of a problem in America?

Aside from Tornadoes, Hurricanes, Earthquakes, Floods, Heat Waves and Snowstorms?   Like everywhere on Earth weather can be a problem.

NYC just had 26 inches dumped on it on Saturday - that tends to be a bit of a problem.

Edited by TalismanRing
  • Like 2

18 minutes ago, Baumer said:

1 billion is dead for the first run.  Hoping it has enough now for 925.

Really pissed BOM adjusted average ticket price again so now Snow White went up from 939m to 948m adjusted. :angry: Going to take a big re-expansion for the top ten adjusted to have a shot now. Hoping it at least holds exceptionally well over this week and next weekend if the storms cut in this weekend. 

30 minutes ago, SWXII said:

It is not dead. Especially if it get released again as Avatar and Titanic were.

Avatar was already at 2.7 billion before the re-release. It didn't make much more after that. 1 billion isn't happening. Re-releases don't make much unless it's a movie that's really old. 

8 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

Really pissed BOM adjusted average ticket price again so now Snow White went up from 939m to 948m adjusted. :angry: Going to take a big re-expansion for the top ten adjusted to have a shot now. Hoping it at least holds exceptionally well over this week and next weekend if the storms cut in this weekend. 

All good Jedi's love a challenge. :)