Mockingjay Raphael

Weekend Numbers: 1) Revenant 16.0 | 2) Star Wars 14.25 | 3) Ride Along 2 12.96 pg 49

@kayumanggi

Up to 85 million people are in the path of a worsening winter storm that's hit much of the East Coast of the United States.

= ~ 1/4 of it's population. Add the spacy / lenghty ways some have to drive to even reach a cinema.

Philadelphia has issued a code blue for overnight Friday into Saturday. This means anyone who spots homeless people out in the cold should call the police, who will take them to a shelter.

Cars... stuck partly since over 12 hours, not being able to move an inch. No water, partly no gas to run the engines for heat (not recommendable if it is really snowing),...

...the storm could bring 2 to 2.5 feet (61 to 76cm) over 36 hours and winds of 30 to 50 mph (48 to 80kmph).

You might have missed that the ~ same is happening in China, extreme cold... in one region they expect -40°C = -40°F, other regions 'only' get something less extreme temps, but in combination with the wind...

2 minutes ago, RascarCapat said:

What is the next Big Blockbuster to open ? And by that I mean with big BO numbers ? (at least as Big as Rev)

Zoolandedr or Deadpool

• Like 1

12 hours ago, eddyxx said:

I watched that movie on OW. Never before have I seen a horror film get that much hate so quickly. Its (lack of) legs are hilarious.

I never understood all the hate that this movie received, of course it's a bad movie, but there's also a lot of terrible horror movies that didn't receive the same hate 

Just now, Mockingjay Raphael said:

a bit off topic, but a local movie just entered in the Top 5 of biggest OW's ever in Brazil only with the pre order numbers, have something like this ever happened before? I think that it's not possible even in Portugal

Pre-sales are not a big thing here :lol: 

SW7 made 58.1 CAD million till Dec 31st...

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/canada-box-office-revenue-rises-853273

Assuming like America that was 70% of the final gross, SW7 will end around 83 million in Canada. 

Using Exchange rates...

Today 83 million = 58 million USD 

When the TA opened it made 58 million CAD and likely made similar amount in USD.

Exchange rate effect is huge. 

So it has lost more around 30 million dollars. 

Also JW did not beat the TA in Canada in final gross. 

Edited by Lordmandeep
  • Like 3

53 minutes ago, Mockingjay Raphael said:

I never understood all the hate that this movie received, of course it's a bad movie, but there's also a lot of terrible horror movies that didn't receive the same hate 

It was probably because the movie not only doesn't have an ending, but it flat out tells you to go check out a website to find out what happened next. Very lazy. It would be like going to a Restaurant and getting a crappy meal, then for dessert they just give you a list of ingredients ands places to get them so you can make it at home.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, IronJimbo said:

I'm not trying to be provocative here guys I understand the storms and stuff.

Avatar 1 month Friday $3,894,018

It had in its account how much by that time remind me please, 78 million or so. Most successful picture of all time in USA got near 900 currently

• Like 2

actually I think their weekend estimates are too high assuming the Friday estimates are relatively accurate.

This winter storm is ending up to be worse than the models initially predicted. National Weather Service has upgraded expected snowfall totals for NYC and Long island to 18-24 inches, mostly coming today. 

Today is basically going to be a lost day from North Carolina all the way through NYC and Long island. Will basically be no movie watching through that 700 mile stretch of the country. Most places will simply be closed with the blizzard conditions running all the way from DC to NYC. That's the heart of the population center's on the east coast.

People are not even going to be able to leave their house today and tomorrow will simply be trying to dig out and watch the NFL Championship games. Wouldn't surprise me if the first couple of weekdays also suffer as some people are still going to be stuck and without power and still trying to dig out.

Norm is not gonna hold that well, 0.9 is exactly what I expect from Friday and I don't know how this number will lead to 4.2 if the storm is gonna get worse on Saturday... Unless the storm is actually motivating people to watch a movie about a polar bear lol

Anyway, my Derby is kinda doomed. I guess everyone's is, but my RA2 and REV predictions were higher than the average.