Mockingjay Raphael

Weekend Numbers: 1) Revenant 16.0 | 2) Star Wars 14.25 | 3) Ride Along 2 12.96 pg 49

25 minutes ago, Total Treecall said:

doesn't colin firth show eggsy his dog's corpse in his toilet and he's like, "of course I didn't kill him, I shot him in the leg and he was loyal to me until he died of old age"?

He didn't shoot the dog. None of them do. The gun has blanks. 

The point of the scene is to see just how loyal they really are to the Kingsman. The group has to know that their agents will be able to do what's necessary regardless of who it is they're sent to kill. Whether it be family, friends or a fellow Kingsman. 

24 minutes ago, No Prisoners said:

I never understood that. Millions of people are beating each other to death and people are ok with that, but the suggestion of killing a dog is upsetting

Just like in Snatch many die in grotesque ways but they spared the dog.

Yes, because dogs are innocent, like children.  And they rely on us for love and care and protection.  So naturally it's more upsetting to see a dog die than it is a human.

• Like 6

So let's see, this thread has had:

The snowstorm

The discussion of a user's lack of confidence in his sexuality

Discussion of hot celebrities

Discussion of WWE

Spy movies, Ethan's hate for Kingsman, and whether you'd be more upset about your mother or dog being killed

Oh, and there were some numbers as well. This thread will be in contention at next year's BOFFIES unless we have 5 more insane threads (and we'll be getting some good ones)

• Like 9

18 minutes ago, angeldelmito said:

aight honey but call me when there's a dog version Adolf Hitler or Donald Trump, etc

aint no dog dicators up in this bitch, sis

dogs do what they need to do to survive, whereas humans have the ability to differ from wrong and right

also, call me when there's a mass genocide of dogs at the hands of dogs.

dogs dont have the mental capacity of humans, so my original statement stands, they're innocent.

You mean soon to be President Trump.

Dogs do attack for the sake of attacking. I've seen it in India. A pack of them attacked a woman walking along the Ganges.  

They were not innocent. I had no problem beating them with branches and stones with 5 other guys. She nearly died.

OK sweetheart.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, WrathOfHan said:

The snowstorm

Discussion of WWE

Spy movies, Ethan's hate for Kingsman, and whether you'd be more upset about your mother or dog being killed

Oh, and there were some numbers as well. This thread will be in contention at next year's BOFFIES unless we have 5 more insane threads (and we'll be getting some good ones)

tumblr_m9xdjaOJqf1raa31eo1_500.gif

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, No Prisoners said:

Dogs do attack for the sake of attacking. I've seen it in India. A pack of them attacked a woman walking along the Ganges.  

They were not innocent. I had no problem beating them with branches and stones with 5 other guys. She nearly died.

OK sweetheart.

tumblr_ngl4lmXRcF1ql5yr7o1_500.gif

tumblr_inline_nl81bkeGBl1qeou26.gif

rebuke that shit

and i can't hold what you say about them indian dogs accountable so oh well, hun.

Edited by angeldelmito
had to add that first gif up there

32 minutes ago, Baumer said:

Yes, because dogs are innocent, like children.  And they rely on us for love and care and protection.  So naturally it's more upsetting to see a dog die than it is a human.

Exactly, which is why I always cry at the end of Cujo when the poor dog dies and not Dee Wallace Stone and her dumb kid.

1 hour ago, junkshop36 said:

He didn't shoot the dog. None of them do. The gun has blanks. 

The point of the scene is to see just how loyal they really are to the Kingsman. The group has to know that their agents will be able to do what's necessary regardless of who it is they're sent to kill. Whether it be family, friends or a fellow Kingsman. 

It shows if you're up for the job and can ignore your own moral compass (assuming you have one to start with) on the word and order of another.  In the end I think he's the only one that passed as a human being and then proved that he could still do the job.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, No Prisoners said:

OK sweetheart.

ORETsvC.gif

• Like 2

2 hours ago, WrathOfHan said:

The snowstorm

Discussion of WWE

:(