Travod

Oscars Discussion - Nominations in First Post - Red Carpet Time!

I've been angry in other years, but this year takes the cake. The Reader was bad, ELIC is worse. The Academy has shown to the world that they will do their way and say up yours to the rest of us. Nominating silent performances for actor, actress and best supp actor is so laughable. I really hate the noms this year, many of them anyway.I won't be watching nor do I care to talk much more about it. It's a good old boys club and it always will be.

I really am getting tired of stuff like Apes, Potter, and Drive getting snubbed because they don't fit the certain genre the Academy thinks a best picture/director/actor has to come from, while meanwhile Lifetime caliber movies like Extremely Loud vie for Best Picture. :rolleyes: There's just so many things wrong with the noms this year, I really wish we could just get a whole new comitee on the Academy and get rid of some of these old farts that are stuck 2, 3, and even 4 decades in the past.On the few plus sides, I'm happy to see Hugo score so many noms (all deserved) and Nick Nolte score for Warrior. That movie was so overlooked in so many categories this awards season.

Edited by MovieMan89
  • Like 1

This should be my new signature....in fact, I think it will be.

he has made 4 movies and all 4 have had best picture nomination and 3 of them have best director nominations. he must be related to someone in the Academy or he is black mailing them.Thank god he did not get a best director nomination.

he has made 4 movies and all 4 have had best picture nomination and 3 of them have best director nominations. he must be related to someone in the Academy or he is black mailing them.Thank god he did not get a best director nomination.

Billy Elliot wasn't Best Picture nominated but he was nominated for directing.

Maybe Daldry is just trolling at this point. I wonder how low he can go and the Academy will still nominate him?

This is his 3rd movie to be nominated BP, he did get BD for Billy Elliot but not a BP. Ironically that is his best reviewed movie.I am exited for his next movie now. Most likely won't see it but just to see how bad the reviews are and still get nomination.

Of course, since Fass was kicked out by Oldman, everyone`s glossing over that. Not fair. if it was another actor who robbed Fass, there would have been an outcry.

Happy for Maramania because this is the only just way of acknowledging the movie. It wasn`t anything special save St Maramania and we won`t have to go through 3 years of DT domination or whatever shit.

Sasha Crone Stone is ridiculous as always. keep posting reactions.

Sasha Crone Stone is ridiculous as always. keep posting reactions.

She's got something on her mind today....

Sasha Stone @AwardsDaily

Well that sucked. But congrats to those who predicted Tree of Life -- War Horse and Extremely Loud -- Suck my dick, AMPAS

Sasha Stone @AwardsDaily

I promise I won't let the bitter cock I choked on this morning ruin the fun. Hey, let's all morph into automatons! The trick is not minding.

Sasha Stone @AwardsDaily

And one other bitter cock to swallow: it looks like the BFCA is closer to Oscar than ever before. Good luck with that, AMPAS.

And continued on her site....

Passionate support by people with questionable taste can result in greatness (Tree of Life) or not (no comment). The way this race turned out, I’d say their experiment was a failure – and I’d rather choke down the bitter cock of five nominees than have to watch them go with a whopping nine and leave out Drive, Harry Potter, Tinker Tailor and yes, one of the best films of the year, The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo. It was so close, and yet — not quite. I would feel better if the nine chosen were better films. Some of them might be but some of them most definitely are not. Welcome to Oscars 2012.

:lol: :lol:

I really am getting tired of stuff like Apes, Potter, and Drive getting snubbed because they don't fit the certain genre the Academy thinks a best picture/director/actor has to come from, while meanwhile Lifetime caliber movies like Extremely Loud vie for Best Picture. :rolleyes:

Add to that Fass snub cause the movie isn`t their cup of tea.

Either way, Potter snub which really is outrageous (96% RT speaks for itself as do 10 years of constant ritical excellence) will kill their ratings.