kayumanggi

A DOG'S PURPOSE | 01.27.17 | Universal | current gross ● 64.25 M

Also it's sad, because I think this film looks great, and now it'll be a flop because of TMZ sending out a clumsily edited video onto the web, more than likely to purposely get dog lovers up in arms.  Like I legit wouldn't be surprised if this was a smear campaign done by TMZ.

Every single time I go on the comment section for any article related to this and see someone saying something about the whole incident without even knowing the other side of the story, and when I see the 1/10 rating on IMDB with it in the Bottom 100...well, I get pissed off.

• Like 3

I was only mildly interested in this to begin with but now I feel bad for the people involved. This isn't "oh one of our stars is a douchebag and will bring us all down with him."., this is edited footage that went viral in a country where people like dogs more than they like their neighbors. 

The only saving grace is it probably won't lose a ton for Universal

Edited by Morieris

29 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

If they wanna save their shit, they need to make sure other people get out the word too that there's more to the story, not just the studios.

One channel with 5M subs (Philip DeFranco) had a 6 minute news story on his YouTube channel about the whole fiasco, and a lot of it was speculating that there's more to the story than what was shown.  It has 200k views thus far, so that has to count for something.

DeFranco has really changed tone-wise since the last time I watched him. He's much calmer, and I actually like him.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

Also, I encourage all of you to vote this movie a 10 on IMDB, since it's currently being spammed with 1 star votes and has an unfair placement in the bottom 100 from people who haven't even seen the movie.

This is one of the things that I hate about IMDb.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, elcaballero said:

This is one of the things that I hate about IMDb.

IMDB ratings are actually trash. I don't know why anyone takes any stock in it.

Edited by AABATTERY
should clarify i mean the ratings system. it's a decent resource for other stuff.
  • Like 4

4 minutes ago, tribefan695 said:

Yes. You shouldn't be giving it any attention at this point anyway. Just give it a fair rating when you see it.

Oh, it'll definitely change to a fair rating once I see it.  But for now, I just don't want the movie to be bombarded with 1 star votes and be in the bottom 100.