WrathOfHan

Weekend Estimates (Page 28): Kung Fu Panda 3 - 41M, The Finest Hours 0- 10.3M, The Revenant - 12.4M...Sunday holds better than expected.....SW over 11 mill and KFP3 over 41 pg 34

As for openers at my theatre this weekend, Dirty Grandpa did equivalent of $4.3M yesterday and $5.1M today.

Finest Hours did $6.3M yesterday and $9.8M today.

Kung Fu Panda 3 did $9.9M yesterday and $23.2M today.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, DAJK said:

As for openers at my theatre this weekend, Dirty Grandpa did equivalent of $4.3M yesterday and $5.1M today.

Looks like an epic jump for Panda is in order.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, DAJK said:

I can hop higher than Michael Jordan with these legs.

• Like 2

I'm watching Inside Out with my sister right now and for the past 10 minutes we've been like "ohmygooood FRICK OFF SADNESS!" 

And then she took it a step further saying if she had to be stuck on an island with her (really mean) PE teacher (that I've talked about before), Donals Trump, and Sadness, Sadness would be the #3 choice. I can't wait until the movi is happy again and we all love Sadness for who she is.

16 hours ago, CJohn said:

500M was a stupid prediction from whoever made it. The number most people seemed to agree on was 300M. 

That was only recently after it was clear this will face really really strong competition and will only get 10 days to make its money. Before that, when it looked like this would get a new year opening and the competition was not clear, most were in the 400m+ train with Olive himself predicting a possible 100m OD and 500-600m total if everything goes perfect. Anything below 300 would have been, and still is, a dissapointment. 

You guys need to know more about the market before calling others' predictions stupid.

Edited by Infernus
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, DAJK said:

1 hour ago, picores said:

Looks like an epic jump for Panda is in order.

I hope it gets at least 18m on Saturday. That would make 40m nearly a sure thing even with an average Sunday hold.

10.5m + 18m(+71.4%) + 11.5m (-36.1%) = 40m

The Revenant looks to finish around 170 million which is awesome! I thought for a minute 200 million is possible but it's not winning the Oscars now so no additional bump I guess.

and that Star Wars hold! Is there still a possibility it goes to top 10 all time adjusted?

6 hours ago, MrPink said:

I saw it because I'm Asian.

Also, at the time, the other choice was You Don't Mess With the Zohan that weekend.

The choice was clear here. Zohan is the stuff legends are made of.

8 hours ago, grim22 said:

Just heard a radio spot for "The Choice" which said "From the author of The Notebook and Safe Haven". Safe Haven is the second best movie in the Sparks filmography?

It was the last movie that had success with his name attached, that is why they use it in marketing, IMO.

14 hours ago, WrathOfHan said:

I just Googled "Shrek is love" in Images looking for a GIF to post.

i9Z4egW.gif?noredirect

I see some people still don't know about the legend of Shrek is love, Shrek is life. You should educate yourself and search about it on Youtube.

• Like 1