grim22

Fast X | May 19 2023 | Part 1 of an epic finale trilogy | Critics say Jason Momoa does a good job

5 minutes ago, charlie Jatinder said:

Here's hoping for another drop from F9 and by the next one they are actually forced to end these shits.

This is hate. There’s still something here.

All I want from this franchise is goofy action, but Vin Diesel keeps ruining it with his forced monologues, flat flashbacks, and diatribes in the lasting power of family. If they can tone down Vin then we might have a winner.

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, AJG said:

All I want from this franchise is goofy action, but Vin Diesel keeps ruining it with his forced monologues, flat flashbacks, and diatribes in the lasting power of family. If they can tone down Vin then we might have a winner.

The stronger they go with these, the more I laugh. I'm a sicko

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, AJG said:

That's definitely the thing holding the franchise back at this point. Everyone else is in on the joke and Vin still thinks he's making an Oscar winning drama.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

30 minutes ago, CJohn said:

80/180

I think it has enough going for it to grow a bit from Fast 9. The cast and the setpieces are massive and that will carry it. We will get out final F11 movie.

the last one came out when Covid was still an issue especially worldwide so yeah I can see this going up a bit

37 minutes ago, CJohn said:

80/180

I think it has enough going for it to grow a bit from Fast 9. The cast and the setpieces are massive and that will carry it. We will get out final F11 movie.

Domestically I don't see it doing much more, but internationally it could do like $200M+ more. 

The end of the road begins.

Fast X, the tenth film in the Fast & Furious Saga, launches the final chapters of one of cinema’s most storied and popular global franchises, now in its third decade and still going strong with the same core cast and characters as when it began.

Over many missions and against impossible odds, Dom Toretto (Vin Diesel) and his family have outsmarted, out-nerved and outdriven every foe in their path. Now, they confront the most lethal opponent they’ve ever faced: A terrifying threat emerging from the shadows of the past who’s fueled by blood revenge, and who is determined to shatter this family and destroy everything—and everyone—that Dom loves, forever.

In 2011’s Fast Five, Dom and his crew took out nefarious Brazilian drug kingpin Hernan Reyes and decapitated his empire on a bridge in Rio De Janeiro. What they didn’t know was that Reyes’ son, Dante (Aquaman’s Jason Momoa), witnessed it all and has spent the last 12 years masterminding a plan to make Dom pay the ultimate price.

Dante’s plot will scatter Dom’s family from Los Angeles to the catacombs of Rome, from Brazil to London and from Portugal to Antarctica. New allies will be forged and old enemies will resurface. But everything changes when Dom discovers that his own 8-year-old son (Leo Abelo Perry, Black-ish) is the ultimate target of Dante’s vengeance.

Directed by Louis Leterrier (Clash of the Titans, The Incredible Hulk), Fast X stars returning cast members Michelle Rodriguez, Tyrese Gibson, Chris “Ludacris” Bridges, Nathalie Emmanuel, Jordana Brewster, Sung Kang, Jason Statham, John Cena and Scott Eastwood, with Oscar® winner Helen Mirren and Oscar® winner Charlize Theron.

The film also features an extraordinary new cast including Oscar® winner Brie Larson as Tess, a rogue representative from the Agency; Alan Richtson (Reacher) as Aimes, the new head of the Agency who doesn’t hold the same fondness for Dom’s crew as his predecessor, Mr. Nobody; Daniela Melchior (The Suicide Squad) as a Brazilian street racer with a powerful tie to Dom’s past; and legendary Oscar® winner Rita Moreno as Dom and Mia’s Abuelita Toretto.

Fast X is produced by Neal H. Moritz, Vin Diesel, Justin Lin, Jeff Kirschenbaum and Samantha Vincent. The executive producers are Joseph M. Caracciolo, Jr., David Cain, Chris Morgan, Amanda Lewis and Mark Bomback. www.thefastsaga.com

11 minutes ago, Godzilla said:

Why would she? She did all that stellar work to hit the jackpot now that she's made it what's the point?

People need to stop being shocked whenever it turns out critically acclaimed actors would rather make action films, play video games or have stable guaranteed work on a crappy network procedural, instead of having to make Oscar bait movies.

Edited by AJG
  • Like 6

1 minute ago, AJG said:

People need to stop being shocked whenever it turns out critically acclaimed actors would rather make action films, play video games or have stable guaranteed work on a crappy network procedural, rather than make Oscar bait movies.

In the case of Helen Mirren, she likes to have fun. 

3 minutes ago, AJG said:

People need to stop being shocked whenever it turns out critically acclaimed actors would rather make action films, play video games or have stable guaranteed work on a crappy network procedural, rather than make Oscar bait movies.

I'm not shocked though... Making Oscar movies is tough and they'll most likely not make much $$$ at the boxoffice. There's plenty of wannabe Oscar movies that get released every year. They end up flopping hard and forgetting after just a couple weeks of release.

Edited by Godzilla

2 minutes ago, John Marston said:

Brie Larson is not an in demand actress like Margot Robbie or Florence Pugh so she will take what she gets 

I'm pretty sure she's very much in demand it just that she's not taking the prestige projects. Neither Robbie or Pugh have headlined a billion+ movie. 

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, AJG said:

People need to stop being shocked whenever it turns out critically acclaimed actors would rather make action films, play video games or have stable guaranteed work on a crappy network procedural, instead of having to make Oscar bait movies.

Sometimes people just want to have an easier and well payed job from time to time. We are all so quick at attacking everyone for this type of stuff.

• Like 4