grim22

Fast X | May 19 2023 | Part 1 of an epic finale trilogy | Critics say Jason Momoa does a good job

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/fast-x-budget-ballooned-340-140000633.html

:ohmygod:

Unless it somehow pulls off a miracle, this is a shoe-in for the next coming of Solo and The Last Knight. It can't rely on China anymore, most of the general audience didn't like the last movie so it'll be the latest in a very long line of Sins of the Father victims, and the summer 2023 slate is very busy. This one is opening mere weeks after Guardians 3 for instance. I'm thinking that final 11th movie goes the way of Ascendant, the planned final Divergent movie.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, JustLurking said:

How in the hell did they get to that budget?

Over $100m is reportedly going to cast salaries alone, plus all the money they're said to have wasted when production was at a standstill after Lin left adds up to a lot.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, TheDude391 said:

With this budget I really hope it doesn't kill Fast X: Part 2 Last of the Furious 11

As I've said, you should prepare for Fast X to be the last... the exploding budget only adds to this likelihood.  Look up the last time a 2-parter was mentioned by Vin...it's been a loooong time.  

Edited by Macleod
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Macleod said:

As I've said, you should prepare for Fast X to be the last... the exploding budget only adds to this likelihood.  Look up the last time a 2-parter was mentioned by Vin...it's been a loooong time.  

It really has been a while huh? On the upside...means Riddick 4 would be sooner 😏

• Like 1

Given the unusual circumstances that ballooned the budget which would be absent next time bar the cast salaries, and that XI was planned to be the finale, I wouldn't rule it out that Universal write this off as an unfortunate storm of factors and go ahead with XI anyway.

We, uhh, straight-up didn’t get a teaser for this. I would’ve thought Universal would put a trailer for this in front of Avatar. Oppenheimer got one, and that’s releasing two months after this. Is Fast X still releasing on May 19th? Maybe they’ll attach a trailer to Puss in Boots…

1 hour ago, SLAM! said:

We, uhh, straight-up didn’t get a teaser for this. I would’ve thought Universal would put a trailer for this in front of Avatar. Oppenheimer got one, and that’s releasing two months after this. Is Fast X still releasing on May 19th? Maybe they’ll attach a trailer to Puss in Boots…

When Fast releases in May, they like to start their campaign with the Super Bowl. See F9 (prior to covid delay) and Fast and Furious 6.

• Thanks 1

Not surprised in the least on Gadot.  And I'm sure she cost enough.  One more reason why this movie will likely never eke out a real profit, and will be the FINAL FAST.  (That sounds almost religiously blasphemous.)  😁

Edited by Macleod

43 minutes ago, Macleod said:

Not surprised in the least on Gadot.  And I'm sure she cost enough.  One more reason why this movie will likely never eke out a real profit, and will be the FINAL FAST. 

It would need to be an epic bomb as FAST X is a DEATHLY HALLOWS/MOCKINGJAY/BREAKING DAWN-esque "Part 1 of 2." It doesn't have an ending, just a series of cliffhangers and credits.

Edited by ViewerAnon
  • Haha 1