grim22

Fast X | May 19 2023 | Part 1 of an epic finale trilogy | Critics say Jason Momoa does a good job

2 hours ago, TheDude391 said:

Even in FX does F9 numbers it'll flop because of the budget but they may still do 11 anyway? The reason the budget blew up so high was the director change, so 11 would likely be much cheaper + finale boost = ok.

The director change only lead to 6 days of delay, there's no way it would have caused the budget to blow up to 350M just from it. The reason why the budget was so big obviously was to pay the cast, and they are planning to add RDJ to Fast 11 so good luck keeping the budget down with him on board.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, scytheavatar said:

So, with the box office pro numbers is it fair to say that this movie is already a gigantic bomb? Looks like it will need a miracle just to gross 600M WW.

Depends on OS gross. Fast always have skewed higher there, but it´s definitely a possibility.

1162.0M FURIOUS 7 (2015)

1010.0M THE FATE OF THE FURIOUS (2017)

0553.2M F9: THE FAST SAGA (2021)

0550.0M FAST & FURIOUS 6 (2013)

0416.3M FAST FIVE (2011)

The last five were huge overseas. THE FAST SAGA still made 553.2M despite the pandemic. I think 600M or more worldwide is still very much possible.

I was already shocked they moved FX so quick. I mean, F9 definitely underperformed even though COVID was a factor. And there is no good idea on story or action or anything for this one and the 11th movie. But they still believe audience want more?

• Like 2

11 hours ago, kayumanggi said:

1162.0M FURIOUS 7 (2015)

1010.0M THE FATE OF THE FURIOUS (2017)

0553.2M F9: THE FAST SAGA (2021)

0550.0M FAST & FURIOUS 6 (2013)

0416.3M FAST FIVE (2011)

The last five were huge overseas. THE FAST SAGA still made 553.2M despite the pandemic. I think 600M or more worldwide is still very much possible.

400-500M OS if it gets 100M from China maybe

• Like 1

It looks like the franchise is just reverting to the average performance of the films before F7 exploded. Maintaining >$1 billion WW per film was always going to be difficult. It's a good thing Universal has Illumination since both of its former billion dollar franchises (F&F and Jurassic World) are done for now.

3 hours ago, Gavin Feng said:

I was already shocked they moved FX so quick. I mean, F9 definitely underperformed even though COVID was a factor. And there is no good idea on story or action or anything for this one and the 11th movie. But they still believe audience want more?

Plus F9 got the worst audience reviews in the entire franchise.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, thajdikt said:

Vin Diesel will make sure the 11th get made, with the power of family.

Vin Diesel has become Johnny Depp, the whole reason why the franchise is in its current state is all because of him. Universal chose wrongly to side with him over Johnson and even worse over Justin Lin. The only way a 11th movie should get made would be if Vin Diesel isn't in it.

10 hours ago, Firepower said:

or at the very least slash the budget significantly

Bring Vin in to direct it then, like that bizarre Los Bandoleros F&F short film he directed. Which was this bizarre anti capitalism 16mm shot cinema verite experiment. That'll keep the budget low!

Edited by TheDude391
  • Like 1