kayumanggi

Weekend Estimates | 21.0 M KFP III | 11.44 M HAIL, CAESAR! | 7.10 M THE REVENANT | 6.89 M SW: TFA | 6.09 M THE CHOICE | 5.20 M PAPAZ | 4.7 M THE FINEST HOURS

Sparks adaptations are clearly facing an extinction that was inevitable. I'm pretty sure even the most in non-attentive moviegoers have caught on to the formula of his works: young love, complications, a third act tragedy, etc. That sense of "you see one, you've seen them all" repetitiveness was gonna catch up eventually and now that his movies are also dwindling in star power, the moment has come.

48 minutes ago, Biph Shmata said:

Just more evidence of the presses antipathy towards Jewish filmmakers. When will the Jews be able to catch a break in Hollywood?

#Hollywoodsogoyim

38 minutes ago, Biph Shmata said:

So they are just like Canadians in general.

WTF are you talking about?  Are you trying to start an argument?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Wrath said:

Now I'm curious. Are Canadians, Canadian tires, or Canadian tire ads famous for their lack of emotional depth? All 3?

They are usually very family friendly and cheesy to the max. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, DAR said:

I'm surprised we're still getting Sparks adaptations(I know they probably make money) and like it's been 15 years from any John Grisham book.  

Grisham books are adult thrillers taking place in a courtroom aka movies no studio will touch in the current box office landscape.

Speaking of books I'd like to see adapted, I enjoy James Rollins' Sigma Six novels, think Tom Clancy mixed with Dan Brown.  There pretty fun and action packed and could make for a good and successful little franchise.

1 hour ago, GiantCALBears said:

LGF was down as much as 35% today, actually rallied a bit into the close off the lows finishing down 27%. Haven't seen these levels since 2012, gives you an idea of how much trouble they are in.

They are in a bad place. Sicario is probably their only movie that beat expectations in the last two years. I don't know what's going on with them but they had a great run while Summit's team was part of their marketing. They have also done a terrible job of picking movies. Gods of Egypt is a bomb just based on the title alone. It is unfathomable to me how a $130 million movie like that was ever greenlighted.

• Like 1

Nicholas Sparks adaptations are coming to an end. It's time for Lionsgate to do something right. As for the early projections for Caesar I feel somewhat let down but not surprised. Pride and Prejudice and Zombies could do well overseas. The 5th Wave made back its $$$ overseas so Zombies could do that for Sony.