kayumanggi

Weekend Estimates | 21.0 M KFP III | 11.44 M HAIL, CAESAR! | 7.10 M THE REVENANT | 6.89 M SW: TFA | 6.09 M THE CHOICE | 5.20 M PAPAZ | 4.7 M THE FINEST HOURS

5 minutes ago, Maxmoser3 said:

Even when Mcconaughey wasn't taken seriously that was still one of his big hits. Even with Sandra Bullock and Samuel L. Jackson. 

ATtK was the movie that put McConaughey on the map. It lead to plenty of serious roles for him before the romantic comedy rut happened.

Edited by cookie

The mini majors do seem to be hurting at the moment, even the subsidiaries like Focus which has been merged with Universal Pictures International Productions. I wonder if the Gramercy label will go under Universal rather than Focus, I imagine Fifty Shader Darker will be released by Universal rather than Focus

54 minutes ago, cookie said:

ATtK was the movie that put McConaughey on the map. It lead to plenty of serious roles for him before the romantic comedy rut happened.

Really that did help out and Contact was a  hit next summer. Then 1999, was when things switched around EDTV was a big flop and then Notting Hill was a hit. So then after that was when his romantic comedy fling hit. 

John Grisham is the perfect comparison to Sparks, actually. Adaptations of his books were all the rage in the 90s and there hasn't been a Hollywood movie based on his works since...2004's (puke) Christmas with the Kranks (the book was called Skipping Christmas).

3 hours ago, Chewy said:

Is that Jonathan guy still around I want to hear what he thinks of The Choice

I think it looks laughably horrible lol. Since you guys love to say I use my GF for a female view, yes, she also thinks it looks like total crap. I don't think anyone really wants to see this movie unless they're like 14, I guess.

i hate Nicholas Sparks he is everything that's wrong with bad chick crap. It's just embarrassing. I would love to see Hail Caesar eventually though! It looks fun to me. I heard the book for Pride Prejudice and Zombies is pretty dang funny but not sure about the movie - could be fun!

I have Movie Pass and that wouldn't cost me anything to see so it could be fun.

6 minutes ago, JonathanLB said:

I think it looks laughably horrible lol. Since you guys love to say I use my GF for a female view, yes, she also thinks it looks like total crap. I don't think anyone really wants to see this movie unless they're like 14, I guess.

i hate Nicholas Sparks he is everything that's wrong with bad chick crap. It's just embarrassing. I would love to see Hail Caesar eventually though! It looks fun to me. I heard the book for Pride Prejudice and Zombies is pretty dang funny but not sure about the movie - could be fun!

I have Movie Pass and that wouldn't cost me anything to see so it could be fun.

god bless movie pass.  that paired with regal rewards is the new american dream.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, CJohn said:

X GONNA GIVE IT TO YOU NEXT FRIDAY

it will be over... All over. I'll never have to see a Deadpool ad again. Its been a long hard fight. Sometimes I thought I wouldn't be able to pull through. One more week... Just one more week

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ethan Hunt said:

it will be over... All over. I'll never have to see a Deadpool ad again. Its been a long hard fight. Sometimes I thought I wouldn't be able to pull through. One more week... Just one more week

BUT DID YOU LEAVE THE STOVE ON?!