WrathOfHan

DEADPOOL WEEKEND THREAD | Deadpool 152.193 actual. Daily breakdown on page 159

Sorry @Telemachos.....I thought I was being vague enough....stupid me.

Spoiler

There's one quick line when Deadpool sees Angel Dust and she has the match in her mouth and he says something like, what's with the match, are you a really big Sylvester Stallone fan, referencing Cobra....I was laughing pretty much by myself in the theater.

The opening credits....directed by an overpaid douchebag....and so many others......and the end.....holy fuckballs, the Ferris Bueller stuff...brilliant.

• Like 6

8 minutes ago, CJohn said:

Gods of Egypt is gonna be amazing and terrible at the same time. Gerard Butler is clearly hamming it up big time.

No matter how bad that movie is going to be, I'd be shocked if I'm bored watching it.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, filmlover said:

I'm pretty sure everyone prefers their Emmerich destroying the planet instead of the history of gay rights.

I haven't seen that movie and I don't plan on doing it anytime soon :lol: 

6 minutes ago, Baumer said:

Hide contents

There's one quick line when Deadpool sees Angel Dust and she has the match in her mouth and he says something like, what's with the match, are you a really big Sylvester Stallone fan, referencing Cobra....I was laughing pretty much by myself in the theater.

The opening credits....directed by an overpaid douchebag....and so many others......and the end.....holy fuckballs, the Ferris Bueller stuff...brilliant.

What

Ferris Bueller reference

?

On a side note, the film was pretty funny, but very poorly paced, with its weird structure of telling the origin story. It felt like it was just a big build up and then a finale. Laughed a fair bit, a visual joke about another superhero towards the end of the movie was fantastic but that was the only time I was properly howling with laughter.

4 minutes ago, Stringer Bell Theory said:

How many articles will we get about the summer movie season starting earlier? Every year it happens only to have the subsequent weeks look like how they usually do. Last year Furious 7 supposedly kicked it off only to have three shitty weekends follow.

April is a pretty bad month in general, sort of the spring version of early September for about 3 weeks.  With that said, I think this year will break the pattern of the last few years.  Jungle Book and Winter's War should help.  

Edited by nilephelan

4 minutes ago, Baumer said:

Hide contents

That was the amazing thing about the movie, virtually every single line was clever either in that it was funny on its own or it was a reference to something else in the movie or a meta reference about superhero movie or Ryan Renolds' career or something.  

It moved fast and was fun, but something it shared with GotG is that both were startlingly dense in the volume of stuff they were trying to get across. It was fun, but you knew you were missing bits and that made it rewatchable. The 4th time I saw GotG I was *still* spotting new details and I think Deadpool will be the same. With the R and slightly less GA friendly content I dont think it'll do as well as GotG, but I think 220-240M is entirely possible and coukd even be low.

And theres so much that everyone can have their own favorite parts. "Its the T-Rex, king of the dinosaurs!" I just couldnt stop laughing at that whole sequence.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, nilephelan said:

April is a pretty bad month in general, sort of the spring version of early September.  With that said, I think this year will break the pattern of the last few years.  Jungle Book and Winter's War should help.  

I know April is usually lacking and that's the point. Every year we get articles about summer moving up when it was really just that individual movie doing big numbers.