WrathOfHan

DEADPOOL WEEKEND THREAD | Deadpool 152.193 actual. Daily breakdown on page 159

Moderation: This is NOT the Marvel-DC thread. Deadpool isn't even a Marvel Studios release. 

You can definitely discuss other superhero movies and even compare them, but when we resort to deliberate trolling, or attacking other members, the posts will be removed. Debates are good, letting the debates get out of hand isn't.

• Like 8

4 minutes ago, grim22 said:

Moderation: This is NOT the Marvel-DC thread. Deadpool isn't even a Marvel Studios release. 

You can definitely discuss other superhero movies and even compare them, but when we resort to deliberate trolling, or attacking other members, the posts will be removed. Debates are good, letting the debates get out of hand isn't.

LOL BvS is an event that just keeps on giving. Poor mods.

Lots and lots of theaters were caught with their pants down on this as well.  Many scheduled as if it was some normal freaking February weekend and didn't have shows starting until later and ending earlier than they should have during a blockbuster weekend like this.  A lot of demand was turned away this weekend, so the numbers could have even been stronger than they are.  

• Like 7

5 minutes ago, nilephelan said:

Lots and lots of theaters were caught with their pants down on this as well.  Many scheduled as if it was some normal freaking February weekend and didn't have shows starting until later and ending earlier than they should have during a blockbuster weekend like this.  A lot of demand was turned away this weekend, so the numbers could have even been stronger than they are.  

By me Deadpool was placed on a single moderate sized screen, I'm expecting the crowd to be nuts tomorrow morning when I see it.

36 minutes ago, Baumer said:

Do you forget how much Batman films have grossed in the past?  They have set the opening weekend record three or four times.  This is not an old Batman, this is the new Batman with Superman, something many many people want to see.  

Here's thing with the exception of Spider-Man the Marvel characters weren't really known to the GA until their movies.  Batman and Superman transcended their medium for close to 80 years.  There have been very few characters that can rival their longevity, I'd say them, Darth Vader, Santa Claus and Mickey Mouse are the most iconic characters in pop culture.

13 minutes ago, nilephelan said:

They did not react even after OD?

Just realized I left out James Bond and Harry Potter.  So let's go with ten in no particular order of the most inconic characters in pop culture

Batman

Superman

Mickey Mouse

Santa Claus

Darth Vader

Spider-Man

James Bond

Harry Potter

Bugs Bunny

Indiana Jones